1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM]Official PACman All-in-1 ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ocnbrze, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ThreeFaces

ThreeFaces Member

I'm a bit of a Google Now junkie, and use it constantly. Speak into your top mic and it'll work perfectly. I get excellent voice recognition.

Advertisement

2. ThreeFaces

ThreeFaces Member

NaterTots and ocnbrze like this.
  3. NaterTots

NaterTots Android Enthusiast

Yeah i saw that. Good things coming. Although i do like this one quite a bit. Probably won't change for another week or two. Supposedly the notification lights now work on cm10.1.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. -Mike-

-Mike- Android Enthusiast

Can this be used if you're on 3.16?

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately, no. with the latest ota you are only restricted to JB sense roms right now. you can't flash any aosp roms. hopefully soon we can get kernel source for the latest ota and then everybody should be back in business or we get dirty racun to work with the latest ota to get s-off.

sorry......stick with JB sense roms for now.

-Mike- likes this.
  6. NaterTots

This has been updated.

[ROM][4.1.2]Official PAC-man Ver. 18[LOTK Ver. 3-1][-27-13]

The Ver 18 is this Rom updated.

JamieG also has a 4.2.1 build up at the same link. It's the Ver 19.9 one with the Gapps for it listed below it.

Personally I'm not ready for 4.2 but I'm pumped about the 4.1 build. :D

Naters

Edit: Oh Thanks Jamie!

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. ocnbrze

SWEEEET!!!!!
    gonna download now ver 18.

i will wait on 19.9 since it is still an alpha.

thanx naters

and thank you jamie for an awesome rom!!!!!!

NaterTots likes this.
  8. NaterTots

OCN, just curious, do you install the Paranoid preferences with this?

I never have. Does that just give you the ability to have all of the apps in dual pane and be able to change the DPI settings?

I've actually liked that without it only the Gmail and settings are set in dual pane.

Is there another reason to install it?

Thanks

9. ocnbrze

actually with this release that i will be trying out pa as well. i have never used it.

NaterTots likes this.
  10. ThreeFaces

ThreeFaces Member

...that's pretty much it. With a screen as large as ours, I do like installing PA Prefs to tweak out a few apps that I think look and feel better set at different DPIs/layouts.

I use it mostly for productivity apps - to get more information on the screen...or sometimes, less.

dustwun77, ocnbrze and NaterTots like this.
  11. NaterTots

I did flash this today. It's running very nicely. Not sure what is different from the 3-1 version. I assume it was under the hood stuff which is fine by me.

The bottom mic doesn't work yet for voice search stuff. I haven't installed the PA preferences yet. I may do it later this week.

Thanks again for the great stuff Jamie! I know I appreciate it since I'm not big on 4.2.

The stressful part for me was since I planned to flash this I updated my firmware to the newest, flashed a sense rom for a PRL and profile update and then flashed this rom. Man firmware flashes are stressful.:D

Naters

ocnbrze likes this.
  12. ocnbrze

yeah tell me about it. i'm, still on the firmware that came with 3.15. i have not done 3.16 and probably will not in the near future.

i love pacman and actually anything LOTK. i just flashed root box and this thing is just as good as pacman. i have not flashed the komodo kernel, but so far the rom as is has been great so far. i just flashed this late last night so its has only been one day.

i might try version 19.9 just to see what jamie has in store for this rom. i might do that tomorrow(sheeesh i'm such a flashaholic:D )

NaterTots and ropodope like this.
  13. NaterTots

So to anyone else that's running this.
    I installed the PA preferences just so that I could set up a 3D youtube.

To do it with Youtube you need an older version. I found this in Jamie's Rootbox thread on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142605&page=6

Post 59 has an Inverted older youtube. The previous few posts by Kilokk have the settings. I suppose this pertains more to those running the Rootbox 4.2.1 rom.

I was trying to get the 3D style youtube but I don't think that works with the PA settings. I ultimately want to have kind of a dual pane in the youtube app only.

By setting the DPI to 180 and the Layout to 720px Checked Force and also Large screen.

It changes it a little bit. the biggest difference is when watching videos in landscape you have to select full screen if you want it.

Definitely an interesting app.

I'm actually mostly happy to have the inverted youtube.:D

ocnbrze likes this.
  14. ocnbrze

so i just flashed ver 19.9 which is a 4.2.2 base. it is not as polished as ver 18 but it is nice. there is rom control but lacks content for you to use. you can use the paranoid app to do some of rom control settings like getting rid of the navigation bar. i think i'm going to wait and see what the next update for it will be like. it is an alpha release so it still has some work to do but not much.

keep up the great work team LOTK!!!!!!!!

NaterTots likes this.
  15. ropodope

ropodope Member

Yes sir, you can bank on it.

ropodope

Granite1, NaterTots and ocnbrze like this.
  16. ocnbrze

hey guys,
    so looks like jamie pulled the download links from his roms over at xda. he is now at team nocturnal's website. i adjusted the op with the new link.

here is the link to his pacman rom:
    [ROM][4.1.2/4.2.1]Official PAC-man Ver. 18[LOTK Ver. 3-1][2-9-13]

i have not seen any updates in a while. i wonder if that means something good is coming?

ropodope and Granite1 like this.
  17. ropodope

ropodope Member

Yes, we are working on some goooood stuff.

ropodope

18. ocnbrze

SWEEEEEET!!!

this is good news....better hurry though cuz i got:

:D:D:D

NaterTots likes this.
  19. -Mike-

Been running this for a few days. Makes me want to stab my phone to death, or go get an iPhone. Tried taking a picture and phone turned off. Proximity sensor is basically non existent. No voicemail app or notifications, really? I was expecting way better. Kind of disappointed.

The search continues.....

20. ocnbrze

yeah the proximity sensor issues is known i think for all cm based roms.....though i have no issues with it.

not sure what the camera is doing for you.....mine works just great. maybe a bad flash? i use google voice so this is no issue for me. there might be a sprint vvm hack some where if you need it.

try and re-flash it and maybe you might have a better experience. i love this rom and can't wait until jamie has more time to perfect the next update.

21. -Mike-

there was just too much weird stuff going on. my ti backup never fully restored apps, even after doing it 4-5 times. i dl'd evolver rom and it got stuck in a loop. after 20 minutes, it never got past boot screen. i guess ill move on to viper, atleast for tonite. ill poke around tomorrow for some other options.

my first glance with pacman was good. it was likt being back on decks or cm with the og. then nothing seemed to go right from there. not to mention my reception went to the toilet as well. im not righting jamie and co off, thats for sure.

is there a vvm hack out there? i know the trial i had wasnt that good anyway. i would get all kinds of interesting messages, lol. i just cant believe there wasnt a standard vm app like my phone came with. oh well, no bigs.....

22. ocnbrze

you are s-off, right?....i forget....lol

here is the vvm hack:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2119954

Granite1 likes this.
  23. ocnbrze

ok so the new version is out and jamie is moving forward with android version 4.2.2.

orig. thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2141573
    y'all know what i'm doing!!!!!!

dustwun77 and knickstar90 like this.
  24. ThreeFaces

ThreeFaces Member

...backing up noooooow.

ocnbrze likes this.
  25. ThreeFaces

ThreeFaces Member

FYI - Jamie updated the entire thread. It's now a collection of [currently 3] ROM flavors for the EVO. Looks like he has a PAC MAN 4.1.2, an AOKP 4.2.2., and Carbon ROM. Carbon looks killer...I think I'm going to jump on it when I get a few minutes to play.

If/when I do, I'll report back. ...for an almost dead thread, things really woke up in the last week.

GRIND!

knickstar90, ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews