• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] One rom to rule them all... | Droid Incredible

Thanks for all the help. I'll try deleting and re-installing on the phone 1 more time. If that doesn't work, I'll just wait and give it a shot when I get home.

On a side note, for those scripts on the instructions. Are they required, or once you install the .zip with the ROM, should I be good to go? I'm a serious noob with this ROM update stuff (as I'm sure you can tell), so I'd rather just remove a couple apps that I don't want and not mess with the sysrw/sysro type stuff.

Once you install the rom initially you should be running "Second Wave" Beta 4 with the Sense UI. Make sure you reboot once into Android OS, then back into Clockworkmod recovery before attempting to install any of the scripts to change the rom to another flavor (Franken-Rom, Vanilla, etc.)

Upvote 0
i have a huge problem, i can't seem to finish a download of this rom completely, my download automatically craps out at random % and no im not using a aftermarket dl manager (firefox and chrome)

Congrats on your first post!

I too am having the same problem, file takes forever to start then dies out at a random percentage done. Last was 18 megs downloaded.

Upvote 0
Ok....I pulled up my underdog underoos and went for it. It's rebooting the last time now with Frank. It appears everything went well, and in the end it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be. adrynalyne I followed the instructions as you wrote them, once I was hands on they were really clear and concise.

You know what my complaint is? Reading your work on the ROMS has dragged me back into the flashing addiction I had overcome when leaving the Omnia. LOL. You do good work guy. Thanks a lot. When the wifemate gets paid again I may have buy you another beer.

Upvote 0
I installed Beta 4 following all the instructions to the T. I prefer Frank w/ Sense, so I stopped there. Installed RomManager and tried to fix permissions and I keep getting "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" Everything on the phone works regardless. I try to install a theme that I had running on Frank B2, and then I get multiple FCs. I didn't notice anyone else having these issues, so I thought I would share.

Upvote 0
So folks, be brutally honest.

Is this setup more trouble than its worth? Its easier for me for maintenance, but if its not for the users, there is no point.

Well since I have what ... 8 posts? You should definitely listen to me ... :rolleyes:

Anything that helps you get excited about developing new and better ROMS is great IMO. If that means that I have to get a larger download, extra steps to get up and running and have requirements like keeping folders on my SDCard to make things work then its worth it to me. You provide a ton of expertise and support for nothing more than a few accolades and the occasional brew.

That being said... I prefer a single ROM fully tweaked out... Either Frank or Second. So I don't need all the other stuff and this process adds several reboots and steps to get to a ROM I want.

CM, Skyraider, YASR, Jager etc... one ROM they constantly weak at to make it really solid. But I understand that this can get boring ... so that's why I say do what makes you happy .. because we all benefit from it. I'm willing to do the extra steps if you are willing to put the work in that you do... I really don't have any right to criticize how you deliver quality, free support and products. Its a little like bitching about the men and women that protect our country when your not willing to serve.

Reactions: adrynalyne
Upvote 0
I tried to load this one back up again (was working on FrankenROM B2)

8/9/10 Super Circle Battery (From Desire- Filled) - NEW GOODIES - xda-developers

now I just get a bunch of FC's for Google processes when I boot up :(

and stupid me forgot to nandroid before I did it - so now I have to figure out how to fix it

EDIT: just reflashed this ROM over everything and it seems to have fixed it back to the way it was...

Upvote 0
I tried to load this one back up again (was working on FrankenROM B2)

8/9/10 Super Circle Battery (From Desire- Filled) - NEW GOODIES - xda-developers

now I just get a bunch of FC's for Google processes when I boot up :(

and stupid me forgot to nandroid before I did it - so now I have to figure out how to fix it

EDIT: just reflashed this ROM over everything and it seems to have fixed it back to the way it was...

I have had the same problems with B4 - Frankenrom.

I ended up just going back to B2 and ran the sense removal script found on xda - made me happy panda :) don't like all the random changes and craziness in B4 - so found a compromise :D

Upvote 0
After installing Frank... I try to fix the permissions with Rom Manager and I get the error :

"An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

Rom Manager was the only thing I installed while running this ROM.

Any thoughts... it is in the SuperUser list if that means anything. I also tried and uninstall/reinstall.

Upvote 0
After installing Frank... I try to fix the permissions with Rom Manager and I get the error :

"An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

Rom Manager was the only thing I installed while running this ROM.

Any thoughts... it is in the SuperUser list if that means anything. I also tried and uninstall/reinstall.

It is a known error.
Adry is trying to fix that I guess

Upvote 0
Hey guys i installed this rom yesterday. So far so good. Before installing "the one rom to rule them all", i was using Adryn's Evo port beta. Since this is a newer rom with 4 options i decided to try this out. I downloaded the precioussss link and installed the rom, no issues at all. my only question is, how do i know what rom im running? I have sense so its either the second leak or frankenrom with sense. Also how do i switch, clockwork?

Upvote 0
Hey guys i installed this rom yesterday. So far so good. Before installing "the one rom to rule them all", i was using Adryn's Evo port beta. Since this is a newer rom with 4 options i decided to try this out. I downloaded the precioussss link and installed the rom, no issues at all. my only question is, how do i know what rom im running? I have sense so its either the second leak or frankenrom with sense. Also how do i switch, clockwork?

Via script, front page.

If you have six signal bars, its frank.

Upvote 0
Gmail is force closing is keyboard is rough updated permissions still having issues. Anybody seeing this or fix it? thanks for the help and the Rom!

That was a big rough to decipher.

I've not had any keyboard complaints, Gmail can be fixed by clearing your gmail data and cache stuff from manage applications. Gmail storage may need to be done as well. This usually happens when you upgrade without wiping...
\
\
As for the fix permisisons thing, I do not yet have a fix for it. Apparently it is pissed off at me for changes I made to an rc file to allow init.d scripts to run...

IMO, its a fair trade because the rom now knows to only install to the internal NAND instead of trying the sd card, which ends up with failed installations half the time.

Upvote 0
That was a big rough to decipher.

I've not had any keyboard complaints, Gmail can be fixed by clearing your gmail data and cache stuff from manage applications. Gmail storage may need to be done as well. This usually happens when you upgrade without wiping...
\
\
As for the fix permisisons thing, I do not yet have a fix for it. Apparently it is pissed off at me for changes I made to an rc file to allow init.d scripts to run...

IMO, its a fair trade because the rom now knows to only install to the internal NAND instead of trying the sd card, which ends up with failed installations half the time.

perfect that worked! Thanks much.

Upvote 0
Just grab Flashlight.apk from the One-Rom... zip file and adb push it to /system/app

Thank you. This worked great to get the HTC Flashlight app on my senseless rom- just looks aesthetically nicer than incredi-light.

Now, should this also work for VVM? I tried it the same way, but it doesn't work. Pulled the apk from the one rom zip and it did install in my ap folder, but no icon or instal allowed.

Before anyone jumps on how Google Voice is better, I really did try to make it work- but i can't get Verizon to Verizon back door voicemails to port over into Google Voice, and I need to for work. Any help getting Verizon's VVM working in the senseless ROM is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones