• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs ROM Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only dumb question is one you don't want the answer to. I still have to read the package when I make spaghetti - I think it's about 7 minutes, but I'm not sure. I bet that any American housewife doesn't even have to think about things like that. So does that make me dumb?

You ask a question in the forum and everyone reading the thread learns the answer.

Reactions: Android Addict
Upvote 0
Well ... to make a ROM, most people start with the stock ROM. So you start with the stock ROM and you ... er, you don't do anything, since you have what you want.

People aren't out there writing ROMs from scratch. I think that's what you were thinking.

Of course if the bootloader can't be unlocked, you can't just flash the ROM. Depending on the phone there are various things you can do. If you downloaded the ROM from the manufacturer's site, they probably have a tool that will flash it.

But why? If you flash the stock ROM over the stock ROM, you haven't changed anything, and you've taken a chance of bricking your phone and voiding the warranty.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones