1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 Brick After reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chris curran, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Chris curran

Chris curran Lurker

Hi all, I had to send my S7 back to Samsung. They did a factory reset and updated all the software.

Now to the problem. I must have set a google account onto the phone buggered if I can remember doing it. Now it wont go any further than the google log on screen. Its a brick now.

Its asking to sign into google to verify my account. I am buggered as I don't remember an account or password.
    I have searched the net but anything they say to do does not work. Is there anyway to sort this out ? If not I am shattered.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

The best practice for factory reset is to remove Google accounts prior to resetting because FRP (factory reset protection) can be problematic, as you unfortunately found out. Samsung specifically offers tips for this situation. Hopefully one of them will work for you.

Just so you know, if you connected to the play store then you did it using a Google account. That's probably the one holding your phone hostage.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  3. Chris curran

Chris curran Lurker

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have sent Samsung an email as it was their repair center that did the restore. I will have one more go tomorrow with what could be the google email account. I have 2 accounts and reset the both passwords thinking I was being smart but not the case.

4. Chris curran

Chris curran Lurker

Just a foot note, does it have to be any Gmail account that I try to get the S7 to recognise or must it be a specific Gmail account ? I hope this works tomorrow.

5. lunatic59

As it says in the tips it could take a while for the new passwords to filter down to the device.

6. lunatic59

Any gmail account that was on the device should be sufficient to unlock it.

7. Chris curran

Chris curran Lurker

Fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon. I am on night shift in the UK so it is 02:22 at the moment. I have the password for 2 accounts hopefully one works.
    I take it that changing the password could be a problem.

8. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

It shouldn't be as long as you have waited a good 24hours since resetting the passwords. You'll need a SIM card in the phone when you switch on so it can contact Google; obvious I know, but worth mentioning.

It's now 03:10 here in the UK, I'm on call just got in, going to bed in a bit. How did you get on?

9. Chris curran

Chris curran Lurker

I have not done it yet as I am still working. I am leaving it until around 15:00 that should give me the 24 hour period then I will use one of the Gmail accounts. I will clock in tomorrow night as yes NIGHTS again.

10. Chris curran

Chris curran Lurker

Well ye ha, after trying one email address it failed, tried the other one and kabam up and running again.

dynomot, lunatic59 and Jfalls63 like this.
  11. lunatic59

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews