• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S (android) - Managing google contacts

abhiney

Lurker
Sep 5, 2010
Dear all,

I am new to android phones, so my question might be very easy to answer.
I have configured my Samsung Galaxy S using my normal Gmail account. This has helped me to sync the Google Contacts with my phone.

Following are my questions:

1. Right now I have about a thousand google contacts synced to my phone. I want to remove them at one go. I know how to disable them from being appearing in contact list, but I want to know if I can delete them without going to factory settings.

2. I am using three applications (a) Gmail (b) Contacts (3) MVOIP. I want to know if there is a way that following combination works:
a- Google contacts appear on Gmail app
b- Google contacts (with phone numbers) and normal phone contacts appear on "Contacts"
c- Google contacts (with phone numbers) and normal phone contacts appear on "MVOIP application".

I know how to do (a) - By synchronising google contacts,
(b) - by choosing display options
(c) - I do not know how to handle this and I want help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones