• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung I5700 (Galaxy SPICA) Android 2.1 Flashing Guide - ENGLISH

I'm on Win7 64 too. As long as you can get your phone into Download mode, ie this screen, you should be able to firmware update.

spica_download_mode.jpg

Odin can be a bit of a git. Start Odin flash routine with the phone unplugged from PC, then put phone into download mode. Ensure neither KIES or NPS software are running, then connect phone usb. If odin does not recognise phone unplug Phone USB and plug it in again. If it still fails, unplug PC USB abnd try another USB port. If it still fails, remove Phone USB cable & phone battery. Re-insert battery and put Phone back into Download mode and try again.

If that still fails, try re-booting PC.
It can be one or a combination of these that get your phone recognised.

I should have said the Samsung USB drivers are a bit of a git, not Odin.

Upvote 0
I am connecting my phone to the usb. At first i am doing this without putting it in download mode jst to check if its detected under the usb controllers but it doesnt get detected. Whenever i connect it to the usb the phone starts charging. So i tried to install the usb drivers for the phone but still the phone isnt being detected by the computers. I dont kno how to intall drv5700.zip as the device manager doesnt show unknown decive or anything like that. Pls help.

Upvote 0
i just wanted some help..my PC detects my Samsung Galaxy Spica when its connected in NORMAL mode all the 3 drivers are shown in DEVICE MANAGER...But the problem is when I connect My Samsung Galaxy Spica in DOWNLOAD MODE...my PC is detecting the phone but it aint installing the 3 IMPORTANT drivers which are REQUIRED to FLASH my phone..please Help..Ive Installed both NPS and the KIES..

Please Kindly Help

Upvote 0
I am connecting my phone to the usb. At first i am doing this without putting it in download mode jst to check if its detected under the usb controllers but it doesnt get detected. Whenever i connect it to the usb the phone starts charging. So i tried to install the usb drivers for the phone but still the phone isnt being detected by the computers. I dont kno how to intall drv5700.zip as the device manager doesnt show unknown decive or anything like that. Pls help.
Only Odin will recognise your phone when it's in download mode. Assuming you have the USB drivers correctly installed.

Upvote 0
i just wanted some help..my PC detects my Samsung Galaxy Spica when its connected in NORMAL mode all the 3 drivers are shown in DEVICE MANAGER...But the problem is when I connect My Samsung Galaxy Spica in DOWNLOAD MODE...my PC is detecting the phone but it aint installing the 3 IMPORTANT drivers which are REQUIRED to FLASH my phone..please Help..Ive Installed both NPS and the KIES..

Please Kindly Help

I'm having the same problem.
(Windows 7 32)

Only Odin will recognise your phone when it's in download mode. Assuming you have the USB drivers correctly installed.

When I try to install the DVR5700 drivers via the device manager in the Unknown Device Properties box I see under device status:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Then if I try to update the driver I get told "The best driver software for your device is already installed - Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

Is there a way to manually install the drivers by placing them in a system folder or something..?

Thanks in advance

SW4GG4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones