• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories seidio extended battery

I received a Seidio 3300 mah battery for my Captivate a few days ago. I bought it from the Seidio website for $75. I just wanted to report that it's working very well. Battery life is at least double. Most importantly, I can now go (at least) a whole day on a charge and still use the phone for what it is intended for. With the stock battery, after 12 hours of minimal usage or 8 hours of heavy use, the phone runs out of juice. Now I'm getting something like 24 hours of battery life. It's hard to tell exactly. But it does it's job well. :)

Reactions: star2011 and SGS2
Upvote 0
I also purchased the Seidio 3300mah battery, but I got it from the Android Central store and got an additional 10% off the price, total of $63.40 including shipping.

Battery life is fantastic - 2-3 days of heavy usage is no problem. But remember that the phone will no longer fit in the Samsung desk or car cradles due to the 3X thicker battery.

Reactions: star2011 and SGS2
Upvote 0
hi everyone.

i have a blog on a luxmo carbon fiber case that should fit the seidio battery, but my question is this:

how much extra bulk is added with the seidio? i do not mean the exact measurements; what i mean, as a rule of thumb, does it double the thickness, tripple it, in your opinion?????

also, is a slightly larger phone pouch, if you use on to wear, needed, or not?

thanks..

Reactions: star2011
Upvote 0
thanks gary.

i don't speak metric, but i am intelligent enough to figure out the seidio battery doubles the thickness/depth of the captivate. i definitely am glad i bought a slightly larger case for when i get the seidio battery soon.

i am glad seidio has an extended battery. the captivate, even when not using gps, nor gmail, nor the web browser, is such a battery whore.

Reactions: star2011
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones