• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seriously disturbed

So here goes...daughter had a ballet dress rehearsal today...wife rushing around getting her dressed and ready to go and she hits me with, "I'm going to take your phone (Galaxy S3)...cuz your's takes better pics and vids than mine (iPhone 4)" I give a casual, "OK" like its no big deal...but I'm cringing inside. Really? Your POS i-crap really this is lo ISN'T good enough? Then I realize...I'm stuck without my GS3 for a couple hours now. Holy crap...how did I become so dependent upon this thing...not only for comms, but music, news, internet browsing, integration into everything Google (email/notes/drive/contacts) as well as banking, an extra remote for my smart tv, my home security system control panel; and the best part...all customized to my liking with root, the Xposed Framework, GEL, and other mods for look and function....now GONE...out of my hands for a few hours.

So yeah, I'm disturbed about this...and I'm disturbed by the fact that I'm disturbed about this...can I get a witness? Have we become so dependent on our devices that booty cheeks they "become" extensions of ourselves? Is this a bad thing or just a function of the technology that's available to us?

A major reason why I often dual wield phone currently a blaze s and Sony TL... Being disconnected for even an hour while it charges is harrowing. One phone isn't enough unless it has a huge batteryy.

Upvote 0
Why not use a real camera to take pictures of an important event?

That could depend on where you are, because in this country especially, a "real camera" these days very much means a DSLR or a large lens super-zoom, usually Japanese. Both of which are rather expensive and quite bulky. But should be able to take better pictures than any phone camera, however that largely depends on the skill of the photographer.

Even a cheap camera will do better than your phone. That would make a good mothers day gift also.

Thing is phone cameras can be very good these days, quality glass optics, multi-megapixel, advanced software, etc. And from what I've seen recently has very much killed the cheap pocked-sized point & shoot digital. Kodak are out of the digital point & shoot business completely now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones