• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help setting up yahoo mail

joemonkey

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
Seattle, WA
i have a regular yahoo mail account, upon setting up from my x10, i keep getting invalid username/password. according to yahoo, you need to have a yahoo mail plus account or small biz account to do that.

however, i can setup the same yahoo mail account with my iPhone. so why is it ok for the iPhone and not the X10?

i have a regular yahoo mail account, upon setting up from my x10, i keep getting invalid username/password. according to yahoo, you need to have a yahoo mail plus account or small biz account to do that.

however, i can setup the same yahoo mail account with my iPhone. so why is it ok for the iPhone and not the X10?

what version of android is the x10 running? setup fine on my Incredible, same as it did with my omnia before that.

Upvote 0
The X10 runs 1.6

I had the same problem with googlemail, i've had 2 of these phones and i didnt have this problem on the second one which was weird. Anyway, try doing a manual set up, you should be able to find the POP/IMAP settings on your yahoo account.

Alternatively, as a workaround you could set up a new gmail account and forward all yahoo mail to that account and use gmail on your phone?

Upvote 0
The X10 runs 1.6

I had the same problem with googlemail, i've had 2 of these phones and i didnt have this problem on the second one which was weird. Anyway, try doing a manual set up, you should be able to find the POP/IMAP settings on your yahoo account.

Alternatively, as a workaround you could set up a new gmail account and forward all yahoo mail to that account and use gmail on your phone?
That's probably best anyway, gmail is better imho

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones