• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Modem Repository

Hello, I have a sprint s3 I had flashed to metro and would like to upgrade my baseband/modem. My current baseband version ends in LJ7. I've tried to install mb2 and lj3 from the op and had no luck. Can anyone give me a little advice?

What you can do is find sprint Basebands and you can flash that the latest version if I've time I'll look for I'll post for you but you can find on XDA-Developers or Google it baseband for sprint.

Reactions: jonny wad
Upvote 0
just realize what had been posted. i edited his post to remove the stuff.

mikeethio if you look he had that issue 3 weeks ago and has since been solved for him. i removed your post's contents as inside a thread dedicated to modems for the metropcs variant i dont want someone flashing a sprint modem and breaking their phone.

Upvote 0
Anyone tried that md3 modem yet? How is it.

Edit: downloaded md3 on mb2. 300 kb/s average. Flashed md3 and downloaded md2 to have something to go back to and good chance to test. 500 kb/s average. Definite improvement.

Since I flashed it I have lost data twice. It's odd. Not blaming the modem right now. My data signals will function properly but there is no connection. Happened twice today, reboot fixed it. I'll mess around with airplane mode and such if it happens again

Upvote 0

mikeethio if you look he had that issue 3 weeks ago and has since been solved for him. i removed your post's contents as inside a thread dedicated to modems for the metropcs variant i dont want someone flashing a sprint modem and breaking their phone.

Yea I agree even if his cell phone is flashed to metro it's still a sprint phone we really can't have anyone with a flashed phone flashing stuff for the SCH-R530M variant that would be foolish and dangerous.

Upvote 0

Ahhh, the plus side of this thread being in your teams subforum.

Upvote 0
For anyone deciding which modem to use........I'm using metropolis 1.3.0 (which is s great ROM BTW) the day I installed it I also started using md3. I have the worst reception on the first floor of my house. Then I started to look at signal strength. Although the signal was better with md3 number wise. I have way less dropped calls with mb2. So as of today I'm sticking with mb2 for now. I d/k just my experience with the two.

Upvote 0
For anyone deciding which modem to use........I'm using metropolis 1.3.0 (which is s great ROM BTW) the day I installed it I also started using mb3. I have the worst reception on the first floor of my house. Then I started to look at signal strength. Although the signal was better with mb3 number wise. I have way less dropped calls with mb2. So as of today I'm sticking with mb2 for now. I d/k just my experience with the two.

I believe u meant md3 lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones