• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

skype not supported?

Magicgfx

Jul 26, 2011
Hey all, today is my first day using the galaxy tab! I tried to log into skype but it says that it cannot cnnect at this time. I just downloaded the popular one from the android market app.

I had just assumed skype was suopported!

Also if anyone could quucjky durect an android noob to where he can enable the swype keyboard that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Honeycomb is not yet supported by Skype despite the fact you do have a front facing camera. Skype only recently released a Gingerbread video-calling compatible version and even that only covers a handful of phones (officially) so far.

Skype video calling on Honeycomb is just a matter of time.....officially or unofficially.

Upvote 0
Simple audio calls definitely work.

Wife was attempting to do a video call last night and had no problem with the audio portion (just the video). I would assume, but cannot confirm, that a regular audio call would work fine.

:)

Thanks Both of you, I will give it a try the next time one of my firends are online

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones