• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, htc says eris is getting 2.0?

129088705127821992.jpg

Reactions: Filipino.Cowboy
Upvote 0
I had to the Verizon store to get me a shell & holster and the guy told me "I have been asked so many times, I just tell em hopefully soon, cause I don't know.

Also: this is like when people ask me when the new iPhone is coming out. They REALLY don't tell us. We have no idea. I'm assuming it's the same with VZ/HTC. The ones who know are sworn to secracy, and the regular employees dont know shit.

Upvote 0
Honestly i have ran (Root Rom 2.1) on my droid and it blows. IMO i would rather the eris be rooted first and run custom ROMS with overclock. 2.0 would be good for the Eris i guess. I'm no expert but if 2.1 lags like crazy on the droid the eris would be the same. When it comes out it comes out. Hell i have a Palm Pre Plus waiting for 1.4 WebOs. The joys of smartphones have 3 for one line plus my old unlocked Storm 1.

Flame On :D

Upvote 0
Honestly i have ran (Root Rom 2.1) on my droid and it blows. IMO i would rather the eris be rooted first and run custom ROMS with overclock. 2.0 would be good for the Eris i guess. I'm no expert but if 2.1 lags like crazy on the droid the eris would be the same. When it comes out it comes out. Hell i have a Palm Pre Plus waiting for 1.4 WebOs. The joys of smartphones have 3 for one line plus my old unlocked Storm 1.

Flame On :D

I think the difference will be what the new version of Sense offers along with 2.1.

Upvote 0
I think the difference will be what the new version of Sense offers along with 2.1.

It will be interesting to see how it performs. The videos of it running show it to be smooth but every device has its own mind. One could run good and 10 could run like $@&T i do love the Eris and have that as a standby. But if the legend drops that will replace the Eris and flip flop between the Droid, Legend and Palm Pre Plus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones