• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

so more advice and help please

instead of makin more topics about seperate apps here is a few question i would like some advice with

1.i use dolphin browser this is one of the best apps correct?
2.what app market do you use? do you use the normal basic market ? i have best apps installed not sure whether this is ok or not ? what is the best or one of the best ones?
3.when ever there is an offical android update kies will notify me this on my pc right? at the moment i am checkin to see if theres a newer version or not
4. a good free navigation/sat nav? or is the current one installed on the phone decent enough?
5. when to know when to avoid downloadin an app what permissions do you need to look out for?
6. is there an app that saves your battery life a bit?
7. is there a phone booster to boost your phones speed etc or are these useless?
8. good games? i guess i can look at see what i want from the market myself so maybe a stupid question
9. any other useful apps for every day life or good useful apps for the phone itsself,

thanks so much for the help i am gettin i appreciate it

1. I bounce back and forth between Dolphin and Boat. still can't decide which I like better (HD versions)

2. Android Market, Getjar (free paid apps and its legit!), Samsung Apps (Again legit source of paid apps for free!)

3. The moment you connect your phone to Kies on PC, this will notify you yes. Oftentimes Kies will ask to update itself before you get OS updates though.

5. Basically, just check if the app you are downloading needs the permissions it asks for. Go Dialer for example needs access to personal data so it can access your contacts, because its a replacement for your dialer or contacts app. A flashlight app however has no business looking into your personal data, or access to the internet (unless it has ads).

6. Juice Defender or Green Power. But it still depends on your usage. Those apps will save your battery by reducing power usage when the phone is idle, but won't be of much help if you're always playing games.

7. You can overclock the phone if you root it, but personally I don't see the point, not to mention that you increase the rate of wear and tear on your phone and battery.

8. Look for the highest rated games on the Market (top games section), or you can download AppAware or AppBrain for recommendations on apps.

9. Depends on what you consider useful. I use OneNote on PC for school notes, which syncs to SkyDrive, so the official OneNote app on Android is very useful for me if I need to look up something quickly. I use Evernote to sync notes and some records (pictures of receipts for dorm rent, etc) with my parents, so I need that. As a med student, I also see WebMD as useful. You may also want to check out Vlingo. Its sort of what Apple copied Siri from (I remember having beta tested it on Symbian when my 5800 was still new).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones