• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update! MS77010d (30.39MB)

For now, and thank you to all who have posted on this,
for now I've just decided to avoid any issue by freezing
with Titanium Backup the "software update" 'app', I don't
need any problems, and still browser, Dolphin I like the red
skin these days, random fact) works fine, mostly everything
seems normal. A few settings I've had saved seem to have been
resetting, nothing huge, all bookmarks remain available for Dolphin,
and I think all of my contacts are still in order.
Still clocked at 1.5, etc etc as has been said above.

The long and short of this...

Use Titanium Backup to freeze "software update" 'app'.
Hope this helps. ^.^

Upvote 0
My wife has this phone. I just rooted it and blocked the update and future updates. She loves her phone as is, it's working just fine for her. I myself have blocked upgrades on my two bionics. :)

If flash is important to you, I would block the jellybean upgrade till everything shakes out and you hear others experiences.

This is why none of our phones will never see jellybean.

Upvote 0
My wife has this phone. I just rooted it and blocked the update and future updates. She loves her phone as is, it's working just fine for her. I myself have blocked upgrades on my two bionics. :)

If flash is important to you, I would block the jellybean upgrade till everything shakes out and you hear others experiences.

This is why none of our phones will never see jellybean.
Speak for yourself. I'd love nothing more than to be able to upgrade to Jelly Bean if at all possible. Unfortunately, the update in question isn't for Android itself, but rather the firmware.

Upvote 0
Speak for yourself. I'd love nothing more than to be able to upgrade to Jelly Bean if at all possible. Unfortunately, the update in question isn't for Android itself, but rather the firmware.

I'm speaking to any whom are interested in blocking an upgrade. I got disagreed with a lot on this subject over on the bionic forum. Some of us want our flash. :) I understand my opinion is not popular.

As a side note, I've been doing some research and it seems there may be a way to side load flash and make some tweaks to make it work. I wouldn't take that chance until someone verified they successfully installed flash and has it working efficiently. :)

Upvote 0
I'm speaking to any whom are interested in blocking an upgrade. I got disagreed with a lot on this subject over on the bionic forum. Some of us want our flash. :) I understand my opinion is not popular.

As a side note, I've been doing some research and it seems there may be a way to side load flash and make some tweaks to make it work. I wouldn't take that chance until someone verified they successfully installed flash and has it working efficiently. :)

If any forum has a working flash player for JellyBean, it's xda.

Upvote 0

Well if it helps any, I figured out my own way to make flash work on the phone. I don't know about other methods, but installing Adobe Flash by itself doesn't allow the phone to actually display flash, at least on a website.

However, I did manage to enable partial use of it via .swf files loaded separately from a website, such as an attachment in an email. Truth be told, I find myself not sweating the lack of flash capability all that much. Granted, I find it really asinine that Adobe would stubbornly refuse to work with Android to extend their software to all or most of the Android smartphones out today.

Now back on the topic of this firmware update, I actually did download it out of sheer curiosity when I first got the notice. But then I started reading comments about how it makes your phone use up more memory or how it really only adds two apps that I have no interest in. But none of what was said really spoke with confidence about absolutely everything this update includes as well as how it affects performance.

I'm wanting someone who knows all the details about this update. Now I had replaced my phone with another of the same kind due to a recent warranty issue, so now I'm back to the original firmware. Now that I am once again faced with the update, I'm hesitating to install it until I know exactly what to expect with it and if it's worth getting or not.

I don't understand why there isn't an official statement describing the details of the update. It makes no sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones