• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [solved] HTC stuck at LOGO screen while installing custom rom..please help :(

am a noob in installing custom roms and stuff..My htc desire hd is S-ON, Rooted but the bootloader is unlocked..
i am usking TWRP custom recovery
i tried to install a custom rom(Blackout ICS incredible)..i first flashed the rom using custom recovery then i got into fastboot and using cmd while my phone connected to computer i flashed boot.img using fastboot flash boot boot.img
then also my phone is getting stuck at htc green logo
i dont know what to do..this was my first time of intsalling a custom rom..please help me
crying.gif

after that i tried to wipe out the full system using custom recovery only..i had previously created a backup of my system but the backup is not restoring ..what should i do..pleaaaaaaaaaase help me..i dont want to loose my phone
now i have abdolutely no OS installed on my device..my parents wont buy me a new phone after this..please help
frown.gif

make sure you have pulled the boot image from your rom,placed it into your fastboot/adb folder.

then try the process again:
-wipe
-flash rom
-flash boot image

make note if there are any errors on the phone screen,or in your command window.

in order to restore your backup,you will still need to flash the matching boot image.

this link is in the rezound forum,but the info applies,you will just need to use a recovery that is specific to your DHD. http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/499172-how-manually-flash-roms.html#post3933400

i personally would recomend ext 4 over twrp (you can find link to an ext 4 inage in this thread: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-how-unlock-install-recovery-root-htcdev.html )

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones