• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare Parts App: (You) Do Want

I just downloaded the latest update for Spare Parts... sorry to say, I had to uninstall.

Adds were added at the bottom- no mention of that on update page. Not a big deal, but they should at least be upfront about it.

The reason I got rid of it was that it started causing Sense to reload! It reloaded when exiting SP and the market, and was very sluggish.

Hopefully the dev will address these issues. Anyone one else experiencing this?

Had that and android.proccess error happening at the same time. I got rid of Spare Parts b/c it really didn't seem to improve things much. And I set Advanced Task Manager to never kill an app automatically. I also got rid of Any Cut, which I used to create an icon to access brightness directly from the home screen. The phone hasn't had a Sense restart or process error since.

Upvote 0
The reason I got rid of it was that it started causing Sense to reload! It reloaded when exiting SP and the market, and was very sluggish.

Hopefully the dev will address these issues. Anyone one else experiencing this?

Go into process manager, set to normal, not aggressive. Otherwise its a great app. This setting doesn't consider HTC Sense as an ignored process to it gets killed when your in other apps.

Upvote 0
I Have the HTC Hero (T-mobile G2 Touch) Phone that is current running on Android 1.5, i heard about the app and its ability to enlarge fonts which is very useful to me as i am visually impared. I downloaded the App no probs however, every time i select a large font then navigate away from the menu screen the text resets and goes back to default size... what am i doing wrong somebody please help !! Please

Upvote 0
I Have the HTC Hero (T-mobile G2 Touch) Phone that is current running on Android 1.5, i heard about the app and its ability to enlarge fonts which is very useful to me as i am visually impared. I downloaded the App no probs however, every time i select a large font then navigate away from the menu screen the text resets and goes back to default size... what am i doing wrong somebody please help !! Please

as far as I know that setting only works within the spare parts app.

Upvote 0
So the option to enlarge the text only applies while you're browsing the settings within Spare parts app ? .. seems pretty pointless to me that.. could you possibly recommend any other way of enlarging most texts on the phone in general.. i installed the Handcent app so reading text messages is no longer a problem, but reading most other things is still rather tricky, any suggestions ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones