• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint tech: 3G Outage nationwide or most country since 9/14/2011

VGPOP

Android Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2010
Ever since I purchased this new phone on Saturday 9/17/2011, 3G connection has been non-existent.

If you look closely, when you get 3G on the EPIC 4G, there are two arrows, one pointing down and the other pointing up. The arrow pointing down is always yellow and the arrow pointing up is green.

I decided to call Sprint to ask if there is an outage in this area, and the tech did inform me there has been an outage since WED 9/14/2011 (NINE DAYS AGO) nationwide or most parts of the country with 3G.

He gave me a ticket number (#7993809) when I call Sprint again, I give them this number and they can give me an update as to what is going on.

He mentioned Mississippi, Kansas City, Texas (I am in Florida, Orlando area).

So, people wondering about 3G, this is the problem.

I was beginning to think it could be the phone, but it didnt make any sense since everything else has worked. So the 3G tower must be the culprit.

I'm in the Tampa area and I have noticed intermittent problems with the speed of 3G for about this time period. No outages but very slow speeds at times in areas where I normally have good coverage and speed.

Are you saying the colors of the 3G indicator should both be green?

I should have added that. I still get a connection in 3g. But it takes about 3-4 full minutes to load a single page.

Upvote 0
I have noticed that my 3g on my Epic touch is noticeably slower than my wife's evo. I hope it can fixed with a update. I don't think it has anything to do with tower issues, because my wife's evo is on the same network.

i had the same problem until a ran a prl update a few times. my prl is now 60681 and seems to be working much faster now. so try updating your prl.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones