• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suddenly can't log into my Google Account!

This morning I woke up to find that my phone had experienced some sort of error and rebooted last night. There was a message saying I needed to log into my google account, because there had been a change to my account. I don't remember making any changes to my account... I tried to log in several times, but when Google sends me the verification code for the 2-step authentication, a screen pops up saying it is "Checking info," then I see the notification pop up with the code, then my phone immediately reverts back to the previous screen, but I am unable to access my gmail account. I tried this multiple times. I rebooted the phone and tried again. I tried clicking on the link to use another method and inputting one of the 8-digit authentication codes and the same thing happens. I am able to log into my Google account from my computer just fine. From the computer, I tried temporarily disabling 2-step authentication and now when I try logging in through the phone, Now I input my password, and it goes straight to the "checking info" and back to the previous screen. I am able to access my work account through the same app (the gmail app.) I tried rebooting my phone again and the same thing happens. Anything linked to my google account appears to be affected. Anything not linked to it appears to be working just fine. I haven't rooted the phone or anything... and I am on the Sprint Network (if that makes a difference.) Any ideas out there?

Reactions: R1chy
Hi,
I'm currently experiencing the same problem.
I already had a chat with Google support and was told to do a factory reset.
I'm not doing that however, so any solutions are appreciated.
It's also noteworthy that upon logging in on my HTC 10 I get a notification on my OnePlus, that I need to verify my account, so maybe my HTC is on a blacklist or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones