• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SUroot

I suppose I should add a comment here about danfrance.

danfrance, I hate you. I was happy with my phone and didn't want to run the risk of bricking it by all that complicated rooting and flashing and such. But you wouldn't let it lie. You said it was easy but I wasn't convinced. I asked lots of questions about potential problems but you just kept on answering and leading me down a path against my better judgement. Instead of leaving me alone you convinced me to turn to the Dark Side, and had the cheek to help me through the whole process!

You dragged me out of my safe world of occasional OTA updates and easy Forum questions about FolderOrganizer, into a place where custom ROM's run wild, bootloaders hang around menacingly on every street corner, and my every move is shadowed by the Superuser Ninja. When I close my eyes, all I see are frightening images of quadrant bar graphs and gingerbread men with fangs.

Now I'm stuck here with my stupid cutting-edge rooted up-to-date flawless Android phone with WAYYYY too much internal storage and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

(but thanks anyway)

:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
i suppose i should add a comment here about danfrance.

Danfrance, i hate you. I was happy with my phone and didn't want to run the risk of bricking it by all that complicated rooting and flashing and such. But you wouldn't let it lie. You said it was easy but i wasn't convinced. I asked lots of questions about potential problems but you just kept on answering and leading me down a path against my better judgement. Instead of leaving me alone you convinced me to turn to the dark side, and had the cheek to help me through the whole process!

You dragged me out of my safe world of occasional ota updates and easy forum questions about folderorganizer, into a place where custom rom's run wild, bootloaders hang around menacingly on every street corner, and my every move is shadowed by the superuser ninja. When i close my eyes, all i see are frightening images of quadrant bar graphs and gingerbread men with fangs.

Now i'm stuck here with my stupid cutting-edge rooted up-to-date flawless android phone with wayyyy too much internal storage and it's all your fault!

he turned me into a newt!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones