• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SUroot

I also need to add my thanks to Danfrance, and also Rastaman. Both of who helped me recover my phone on several occasions and for never being worried to ask those seemingly stupid questions.

Also not to be forgotten is JohnnyBravo, who seems to have asked a lot of the questions I've wanted to ask!!!

Cheers to everyone out there, this is a great forum with great people adding input and helping us noobs!

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Perhaps we could all club together and get him a present.

BT007m.jpg

Upvote 0
just out of curiosity Dan, who helped you out when you were a noob?......can you remember that far back?

Before I rooted the desire I had rooted a hero so was familiar with what it was. I had the odd question here and there with the desire but mainly it was googling and research and the knowledge just builds up.

I still rely on forums for sources of information, tricks, people correcting me when I'm wrong, new modifications etc.

Now its predominantly Rom and mod developers I turn to.

I work in IT anyway so I find it easy to pick new things up. I do things myself a few times, get things wrong a few times and I learn best that way

Upvote 0
Before I rooted the desire I had rooted a hero so was familiar with what it was. I had the odd question here and there with the desire but mainly it was googling and research and the knowledge just builds up.

I still rely on forums for sources of information, tricks, people correcting me when I'm wrong, new modifications etc.

Now its predominantly Rom and mod developers I turn to.

I work in IT anyway so I find it easy to pick new things up. I do things myself a few times, get things wrong a few times and I learn best that way

ditto

Upvote 0
Yeah. I think if we weren't in a recession, id have a challenging job and be learning other things more but right now this is as technical an outlet as I have. Shame really.

I had to take a desktop support role in 2009 and that ended in October just gone. Now I'm still at the same place, but travelled back in time and doing something far too easy. I should be third line :(

Upvote 0
I am self taught aswell as far as windows goes. Same when i had my old nokia, but linux and android was new to me. I learn everything from google and forums. You learn from your mistakes & i'm never afraid to take good advice. Many thanks again to You, Rastaman,teppic,droidzone etc etc. Not forgetting hatstand just for entertainment value, he does make me laugh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones