• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

swype line traces much slower after factory reset?

I've been using swype on 1.5 and then again on 2.1 OTA. I've always updated to the newest version and I recently did a factory data reset on my eris because I couldn't get messaging threads to delete.

After factory reset, I downloaded swype from beta.swype.com on the eris and installed the latest version.

For some reason when I use swype the blue guide line is a lot slower than it used to be to catch up to where i swipe my finger. It also has trouble when I circle on a letter to indicate that I want to use that letter twice in a word. That never works now.

I tried going into the keyboard calibration settings and resetting the calibration to factory settings. I looked in the swype settings as well. I haven't made any changes them so I'm wonder why the line tracing and understanding what I'm swiping is not even close to as responsive as before.

Has anyone experienced this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones