• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sync with facebook - duplicate contacts for contacts that are not even on facebook

4ngi3

Jun 3, 2010
So Ive had my desire for almost a year now and deleted my contacts list lastnight as i had about 800 contacts in there majority of which i don't need and have just accumulated in the past.

Anyway I sync'd my 300 gmail contacts fine. But now I just want to get the profile pics and details for my gmail contacts from facebook.

When I go into Sync Settings and add account, should i be adding "facebook for htc sense" or just "facebook"? because the phone won't let me select just "facebook". so after selecting "facebook for htc sense" i tell it to sync. Then i look in my contact list and i have 800 contacts in there some duplicates and some not. the funny thing is the ones that are duplicates are not even facebook friends, some of those are companies that have nothing to do with facebook.

This is really frustrating. all i want is my friends facebook profile photos to sync again and not have the stupid duplicates show up. Even if I select to only show the google contacts and untick facebook contacts these dupes still show up

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones