• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T Mobile, AT&T, & MetroPCS LTE fix.

*Please Help*

I just finish doing all the steps for the .33 radio, im on tmobile and running CarbonROM, after i finish the last step i dont see the Network Mode Tab, i rebooted the phone and still don't see it, what i did wrong, did i miss something :thinking:

I had the same issue the second time I did the hack. I did a cache clear in recovery and I think that fixed it. Give it a try.

Reactions: xploPR
Upvote 0
Im from Richmond Virginia, i don't get good service inside my apartment, but i will drive in a few and check if i get any LTE speeds, i heard LTE was working already im virginia, that's why i went ahead and flash the .33 radio, thanks for the tips.

Edit: So if im in the LTE Market, i should get lte with the the steps i already did, i don't need to do the no.8 step, Select Network Mode, and switch the value to "LTE/GSM/WCDMA" ?

Upvote 0
Im from Richmond Virginia, i don't get good service inside my apartment, but i will drive in a few and check if i get any LTE speeds, i heard LTE was working already im virginia, that's why i went ahead and flash the .33 radio, thanks for the tips.

Edit: So if im in the LTE Market, i should get lte with the the steps i already did, i don't need to do the no.8 step, Select Network Mode, and switch the value to "LTE/GSM/WCDMA" ?

Selecting it through the phone menu sets it to default. The network tab is just so you can have a shortcut basically.

It should still work. Just double check the phone menu that it says lte gsm. Sometimes it will revert back. Did it to me at least.

Upvote 0
@xploPR: I just for on the forum for the first time today. All of the above advice is sound and should work. Let us know if it gets sorted. BTW, I have data roaming ticked on because I have unlimited data. I don't know if it is a factor (it shouldn't be) but if you have unlimited data it does you no harm having it ticked on.

On a sperate but relevant note, I came into the thread tonight to share a screenshot of the best speed test I've run, on any device, ever...including my former Verizon GNex.

Crazy!
EmE0Av2.png

Cupertino, CA

Upvote 0
@xploPR: I just for on the forum for the first time today. All of the above advice is sound and should work. Let us know if it gets sorted. BTW, I have data roaming ticked on because I have unlimited data. I don't know if it is a factor (it shouldn't be) but if you have unlimited data it does you no harm having it ticked on.

On a sperate but relevant note, I came into the thread tonight to share a screenshot of the best speed test I've run, on any device, ever...including my former Verizon GNex.

Crazy!
EmE0Av2.png

Cupertino, CA

Damn now thats insane speed there lol nice

Upvote 0
What settings are we talking about? :)

From OP:

You will want to edit this line and add two lines directly below it to read:
view plaincopy to clipboardprint?
telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

I went from ~6mbps to 11mbps. But I know T-Mobile is all over place, so it may be worth nothing...

Upvote 0
Speeds aren't anything to write home about, but it will get there

Sorry for the dumb question, but if i don't ask i won't never learn lol

It supposed to show 4G icon when you're in an LTE zone?

The reason i ask this, because when i did the steps on my N4 for the LTE, it never showed the 4G Icon, it was all the time on Hspa, so now im confused, and i want to try it again and drive around to test it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones