• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T Mobile, AT&T, & MetroPCS LTE fix.

Sorry for the dumb question, but if i don't ask i won't never learn lol

It supposed to show 4G icon when you're in an LTE zone?

The reason i ask this, because when i did the steps on my N4 for the LTE, it never showed the 4G Icon, it was all the time on Hspa, so now im confused, and i want to try it again and drive around to test it.

Yes, if you're connected to lte, it will show the 4g icon. If you've done the steps, and it doesn't show up, if likely means that lte isn't currently available in that location. Unfortunately it's tough to know where it is because that's is no coverage map for it. Mine only showed up for the first time this morning.

Reactions: xploPR and Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
Yes, if you're connected to lte, it will show the 4g icon. If you've done the steps, and it doesn't show up, if likely means that lte isn't currently available in that location. Unfortunately it's tough to know where it is because that's is no coverage map for it. Mine only showed up for the first time this morning.
Check sensorly for coverage, and if there is nothing in your area start mapping it for the next person to have a reference.

As to the 4G icon, that is on the nexus with stock rom, or really most roms.

they use E 3G H and 4G for the different networks.

E obviously is Edge or 2G slow 3G is just barely better then E H is for HSPA and 4G is LTE. Why they even put 4G as LTE in a phone that officially has no lte is interesting. But then again that was android jelly bean so any other phone that had it would also show it, however most manufactures put 4G LTE icon up instead.

Upvote 0
Cool thanks, will try it again.
Ok here is what sensorly has on Richmond.

Its not much so even if you do all the steps you may not find LTE unless you go to these areas.

Richmond%20Va%20LTE.PNG

Reactions: xploPR
Upvote 0
Check sensorly for coverage, and if there is nothing in your area start mapping it for the next person to have a reference.

As to the 4G icon, that is on the nexus with stock rom, or really most roms.

they use E 3G H and 4G for the different networks.

E obviously is Edge or 2G slow 3G is just barely better then E H is for HSPA and 4G is LTE. Why they even put 4G as LTE in a phone that officially has no lte is interesting. But then again that was android jelly bean so any other phone that had it would also show it, however most manufactures put 4G LTE icon up instead.

I'm guessing it's because it's in AOSP to do that, and the Verizon/Sprint Gnex have LTE capability. Though interestingly enough, looking in a thread about the rom the S4 Google Edition say LTE when you have it, not 4G. :thinking:

I downloaded the Sensorly app, but I'm not really sure how to contribute. Even I have my noobiness. :p

Upvote 0
I'm guessing it's because it's in AOSP to do that, and the Verizon/Sprint Gnex have LTE capability. Though interestingly enough, looking in a thread about the rom the S4 Google Edition say LTE when you have it, not 4G. :thinking:

I downloaded the Sensorly app, but I'm not really sure how to contribute. Even I have my noobiness. :p
Took me a few minutes playin around with it as well.:p

This is what I found, you have to have gps and agps enabled, for passive contributions, meaning anytime your phone is moving it will start mapping which signals it receives.

Or you can do an active map, open the app bottom right it says map trip tap it and hit start, when your done hit stop.

Reactions: jhawkkw
Upvote 0
Took me a few minutes playin around with it as well.:p

This is what I found, you have to have gps and agps enabled, for passive contributions, meaning anytime your phone is moving it will start mapping which signals it receives.

Or you can do an active map, open the app bottom right it says map trip tap it and hit start, when your done hit stop.
Out of curiosity, how long does it take for them to show my results?
Edit: Never mind, my blip already shows up.

Upvote 0
I went and flash .33 radio again did the steps and went for a ride :D this was the result, not bad at all :)

For reference anyone in RVA: I got full 4G Bars all around Midlothian Tnpk, Turner RD, & Hull St., was even more surprise to get 2-3 bars inside Walmart at midlothian Tnpk, im also getting 2-3 bars inside my apt lol sweet.

Thanks to all for showing me how to get LTE working.

LTE is live in Richmond Virginia, now im loving my N4 more than ever lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372446481055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372446481055.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372446576688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372446576688.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
I'm all new to this cm10.1 and I can't get root to work for some apps this might not be the right place for that but I realized it as I was trying to mod the build prop it works for titanium but not es file explorer and I don't see anything to mount rw. I tried ghost commander too same thing.:-( well I went back to my back up and it seems fine. Also wondering if the back up(Twp) backs up radios? Sorry I'm a noob to the nexus and to gsms. Never had to jack with radios before;-/
Edit: ooohh snap I forgot that to enable root you had to enable dev. Options
Well I ain't had it a week. Played for a bit on my last phone but we were stuck on 2.2 originally. Closed source all around us and effed up a wall!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I've run into a situation mentioned earlier. The step in near the end where you're suppose to change something to LTE/WCMA/GSM becomes impossible because that menu option under mobile networks doesn't appear. It was there before I flashed my rom update and now I can't get it back. It sure is annoying to have to redo the dial code everytime I reboot my phone. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones