• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet stuck on Samsung startup screen after installing Android 4.0

Sunter443

Lurker
Apr 1, 2013
Hey everybody. I'm kinda new to the forums so sorry for any mistakes or something left out. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It has been running Android 3.0 so I decided to update to 4.0. When I did this, the tablet restarted, as it should. On it's bootup though, it got stuck on the Samsung splash screen. Anyone know why or how I could fix it? I tried hard rebooting it. And I'm really new to android so I don't know how to use the system recovery where you hold down the power button and the volume button at the same time. Any help I could get would be great.

Thanks everybody

By the Samsung splash screen do I presume you mean the glowing Samsung logo that is generated by that little animation?

If so I had the same thing, and unfortunately it basically means that Android didn't install properly and can't be loaded. It happened to me when I tried to install ICS from Kies rather than wait for the OTA version.

The only way to fix it was to send it back to Samsung who then (unhelpfully, despite me asking them to put on ICS) reinstalled Honeycomb. When I did ICS via OTA it then worked fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones