• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering monthly

Agfox

Jun 27, 2010
The extra monthly wifi tethering plan is 20 dollars. Do you have to pay that every month or can you start / stop when needed? I usually travel ever other month, and when I'm on the road is when it's needed. I don't want to pay for it the entire year if I don't have to though.

GGP is right on, I actually did this when I wanted to test out the tethering option. I called them and used it for a week and since it was in the middle of the billing cycle they prorated the monthly cost. I was charged like $.80 something cents a day but I couldn't use the full 2/5GB (I forget) allotted monthly. I called them to cancel it and was charged like $7.XX. I found it useful but unfortunately the areas I tried tethering didn't get great service so my connection was too slow for work use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones