• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text message tone repeat?

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
I have had my Desire for just over a month now and still haven't worked out how to get the text message alert to repeat. I have my phone on silent/vibrate when I'm at work, and I have sometimes found that a text comes in while I'm away from my desk and I don't discover this until later. Or even when I've got the sound switched on I don't always notice it if I'm in a noisy environment, or maybe I don't feel the vibration in my pocket. My previous phones have always produced the alert tone/vibration every few minutes until I read the message. Can this be done with the Desire, and how?

I have had a quick look at the Handcent web site. I use some foreign language keyboards, and I am concerned that Handcent will not support these. I am also not sure that I need all the bells and whistles that come with this separate SMS package. Is there any way that I can get the SMS alert to repeat without installing a separate package? For example is there maybe an app that modifies the Android SMS software to enable repeat alerts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones