• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The American Dream

@byteware sorry for insulting your precious Palin [<3]

Interestingly enough, I can't stand her. When she talks it's like Fingernails on chalkboards to me.

hakr100 said:
Now that's an example of understatement...

I haven't seen a group of more hateful, misinformed crazies since the days of the civil rights marches down south, where many of the local citizenry took leave of their senses because those without rights wanted them...

Would you like to detail your experience with them? How many rallies you've been to, etc...

I'm guessing you've never actually really even seen a group of tea partiers get together.

Just like the media has focused so much attention on the Quaran burning crazy guy, they focus all of their attention on the Tea Party on those that are outside the norm.

If you are looking for what the tea party is really like, go to a rally. They are just everyday normal people who believe in limited government and limited taxes.

Upvote 0
Interestingly enough, I can't stand her. When she talks it's like Fingernails on chalkboards to me.

Would you like to detail your experience with them? How many rallies you've been to, etc...

I'm guessing you've never actually really even seen a group of tea partiers get together.

Just like the media has focused so much attention on the Quaran burning crazy guy, they focus all of their attention on the Tea Party on those that are outside the norm.

If you are looking for what the tea party is really like, go to a rally. They are just everyday normal people who believe in limited government and limited taxes.

Tea partiers: no taxes for rich! no SS! no stimulus!
Increase military spending! unfair trade FTW! quadruple NASA budget!
Obama - Biden | Osama Bin Laden !!!!!

Upvote 0

You'd be guessing wrong. I've walked by and into twoRepublican/Tea parties in Washington, D.C. The hate being expressed was real. The hate in the crowd was palpable. What I see is a bunch of mostly older, mostly poorly educated, easily misled white folks.

Upvote 0
Tea partiers: no taxes for rich! no SS! no stimulus!
Increase military spending! unfair trade FTW! quadruple NASA budget!
Obama - Biden | Osama Bin Laden !!!!!

Is that what you really believe? Or are you just being sarcastic?

I have a hard time that someone would be so blinded by their political affiliations that they would believe things that were this far from the truth.

Most Tea partiers support the Fair Tax. They don't support the bank bail out (this is bad in my opinion, because the results of not bailing out the banks would have been horrendous). They don't support the stimulus (which hasn't appeared to have any effect). Social Security is bankrupting this nation. Even if it doesn't go away, SS taxes will increase, and benefits will greatly decrease. Congress doesn't have the will to do anything before it gets horribly bad.

Tea partiers don't really have a stance on military spending, or NASA's budget as a group.

They do believe that we should spend what we need to on the military. However, most that I've talked to believe that the military procurement system needs to be revamped, because it is completely wasteful. Politicians shouldn't be adding purchases simply because the company making the items is in their district.

The tea party as a whole doesn't have a stance on NASA's budget, but most people I know thing we should be doing honest exploration and pushing the boundaries of what we can accomplish in space, not doing nothing, and letting the Russians and Chinese make these advancements.

Upvote 0
hmmm I wouldnt think that the DC area (a place where there is 70% minority population, and 80% HS graduates/40% higher education graduates, 90% below 65) would have that many old white uneducated people

maybe its your personal bias

Washington, D.C. is easy to get to, and an attractive destination for demonstrators of every stripe. Like many demonstrators, the "old white uneducated people" come here mainly on buses.

When you see the extensive Fake News coverage of these rallies, and you see some thousands of "old white uneducated people," many of whom are carrying racially motivated and otherwise really ugly signs, do you think what you are seeing has been faked?

Upvote 0
Is that what you really believe? Or are you just being sarcastic?

I have a hard time that someone would be so blinded by their political affiliations that they would believe things that were this far from the truth.

Most Tea partiers support the Fair Tax. They don't support the bank bail out (this is bad in my opinion, because the results of not bailing out the banks would have been horrendous). They don't support the stimulus (which hasn't appeared to have any effect). Social Security is bankrupting this nation. Even if it doesn't go away, SS taxes will increase, and benefits will greatly decrease. Congress doesn't have the will to do anything before it gets horribly bad.

Tea partiers don't really have a stance on military spending, or NASA's budget as a group.

They do believe that we should spend what we need to on the military. However, most that I've talked to believe that the military procurement system needs to be revamped, because it is completely wasteful. Politicians shouldn't be adding purchases simply because the company making the items is in their district.

The tea party as a whole doesn't have a stance on NASA's budget, but most people I know thing we should be doing honest exploration and pushing the boundaries of what we can accomplish in space, not doing nothing, and letting the Russians and Chinese make these advancements.

Derived from Irish/British media, I found these things
Of course tea-party group is headless, with no real policies except less tax on them

Oh and those dirty Russians and Chinese!
They are still far behind US (Chinese behind EU/ESA too) and I think [for the moment] there isnt huge benifit in spending Billions to go to Mars (cool as that may be/sound) but would be better spent on other things.
And Unless those Russians/Chinese ship dozens of warheads up there, you are fairly safe ;)

As for stimulus, if it wasnt there, we would have had Great Depression 2.0, its just that you cant see that alternate reality

Upvote 0
Derived from Irish/British media, I found these things
Of course tea-party group is headless, with no real policies except less tax on them

Yeah... I know quite a few tea partiers... I consider myself one, in spirit. I don't rally for it though.

Oh and those dirty Russians and Chinese!

I have nothing against the Russians or the Chinese. I just think that letting another country surpass us is a bad idea. Especially ones that aren't as benevolent as we are.

And don't think for a second, that they would be as benevolent as we are. Both China and Russia have a sizable military and navy, but neither lends a hand during natural disasters like Haiti, or Myanmar.

They are still far behind US (Chinese behind EU/ESA too) and I think [for the moment] there isnt huge benifit in spending Billions to go to Mars (cool as that may be/sound) but would be better spent on other things.
And Unless those Russians/Chinese ship dozens of warheads up there, you are fairly safe ;)

I don't understand why you believe that Russia is behind the US in space technology. Especially since they are the only ones with transportation into orbit.

China is not that far behind the US or the EU, especially with their anti-satellite technology. Seriously, if China began taking out our satellites right now, we would be in SERIOUS trouble. We have no way to put them back into orbit right now, and won't for about a decade. We depend on the benevolence of Russia.

Part of the technological superiority in the US was because of the Space race to the moon. NASA had to invent so much technology to make it to the moon, that we became technologically superior. There is benefit to going to Mars.

As for stimulus, if it wasnt there, we would have had Great Depression 2.0, its just that you cant see that alternate reality

Oh, I disagree completely here. The bank bail out staved off the Great Depression 2.0.

The stimulus... did a bunch of nothing. In fact, somewhere between a quarter and a half still haven't been given out. A stimulus can't stimulate without spending the money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones