• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best camera in the world...

Gentle reminder that the purpose of this is to share cool pictures with meaning to ourselves.
How about these? They're a few of thousands I've taken in my yard of my favorite peacock. In the first two, he's posing at different times of day, hence the golden glow from the sun in one, and the third one shows him doing what he does best during mating season. No...not THAT. :eek: I mean SQUAWKING!! :laugh: He was posing on my driveway, and another adult male had wandered into my yard. Much very loud stereo squawking ensued.

dsc_2345_MrPeacock_030512_tmp.jpg

dsc_6302_tmp.jpg

dsc_1944_MrPeacock_022812_tmp.jpg

Upvote 0
I love camera talk, but then I think what good is that DSLR or large zoom lens if they're stuck at home in a bag on top of the closet? If you don't have them on you to take the pictures when needed. That one I posted just now with the students, was completely impromptu, and I just posted it direct to AF from the Phandroid app.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
This door was at my one of the minions homes. The woman she bought it from was the original owner who lived in it until she passed away.. They built it in the 1950's she and her husband lived there .. He died there.. She raised her children there.. They grew up and moved on .. She put these banana stickers in the pocket door in the kitchen.. Oldest one as far as I could tell wS from the early 1960s ? Maybe earlier.. They covered the whole side of that door!! I absolutely loved that door every time it saw it.. I smiled!! The minion just recently moved to Florida.. But the day she moved... I took the door!! I just felt that it told the story of this woman's life.. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet... But I cherish it!!
2amaqy5y.jpg

Upvote 0
They covered the whole side of that door!!
I took the door!! I just felt that it told the story of this woman's life.. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet...
Turn it into a table? With glass or Plexiglas on top? Or even varnish, if you're okay with permanently altering the stickers.

Reactions: huh
Upvote 0
Went to the HS football game last night to take pics of my 6 year old niece cheering. Saw this adorable kid in the crowd and snapped a few. The lighting was better for my niece as she was on the field under the lights but, even though this is VERY dark, I just love how happy this little girl is.

Upvote 0
We had a get-together with long time friends here in our home. This was probably the last bbq of the season since autumn has set in.

It was a clear blue sky, sunny but not higher than 65F.
1380394103552.jpg
1380394133361.jpg

Luca is an adorable half Dutch/half French girl. And she knows... when she's here and everyone is done eating, we'll get her some ice.
1380394085766.jpg
1380394163073.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones