• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)

The browser's Bookmark Sorting method is now saved between sessions.

And this appears to have broken the Bookmark Sort & Backup app. The manual sort still shows up in the app but not in the browser, which is very annoying.

I've also noticed that even tho the phone will rotate the other way, videos will still only play with the usb port down, at least in the gallery and in Rockplayer.

I read somewhere here that you can turn off flash in the browser and set it up so it's on-demand, but can't remember how to do it. Anyone here know?

Upvote 0
I've noticed a significant drop in battery life after my ota update. I am running task killer and when I open it up, there are usually 10 or so apps running. Before the update there would be two or three. I have it set up to "kill" whenever the screen is off, yet when Pandora is running or the music player is playing, it will have around 10 -15 apps also running. I am running the auto sinc in the background as well which may be the culprit but tomorrow I will not allow it to run and see if that changes anything.

On a side note, I noticed now that task killer wont kill the music app like before. Also when the earphones are unplugged, it continues to play for a split second out load, never did this before the update. Kinda concerned about that.

Upvote 0
I've noticed a significant drop in battery life after my ota update. I am running task killer and when I open it up, there are usually 10 or so apps running. Before the update there would be two or three. I have it set up to "kill" whenever the screen is off, yet when Pandora is running or the music player is playing, it will have around 10 -15 apps also running. I am running the auto sinc in the background as well which may be the culprit but tomorrow I will not allow it to run and see if that changes anything.

On a side note, I noticed now that task killer wont kill the music app like before. Also when the earphones are unplugged, it continues to play for a split second out load, never did this before the update. Kinda concerned about that.

#1 GET RID OF THE TASK KILLER! you are doing nothing but making your phone work harder when you kill the apps. When you kill them your phone will bring them back within a matter of minutes. (if not seconds) if you do not want all these thousands of magical programs HTC and Verizon has included with your device, then you have to root to remove them. task killers are 100% unnecessary with a linux based OS like android platforms.

#2 Enjoy your FROYO. :D

Upvote 0
Yes. there are a few settings for the amount of LED brightness. And a SOS setting. so far mixed reviews for this app. I curious to see what it looks like myself.

/ waiting for the merge.

Mixed reviews? Interesting, it's pretty basic and straight forward that I can't see anything wrong with it.

Do not Google fleshlight!!!!!!

uh oh...

Upvote 0
#1 GET RID OF THE TASK KILLER! you are doing nothing but making your phone work harder when you kill the apps. When you kill them your phone will bring them back within a matter of minutes. (if not seconds) if you do not want all these thousands of magical programs HTC and Verizon has included with your device, then you have to root to remove them. task killers are 100% unnecessary with a linux based OS like android platforms.

#2 Enjoy your FROYO. :D

Gotcha! Still kinda new to the whole rooting thing. So with the new 2.2 software, exactly how do I do that? Please forgive me for being a little uneducated about this stuff. Im trying to gather as much info about this magical little device. I love this phone and want to get it as smooth running as possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones