• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Phone I Had Before My Eris Was a ....

Motorola StarTAC
Motorola v60i
LG Flip Phone (I don't remember the model)
Motorola Flip Phone (Also don't remember the model)
Razr V3m
Palm Centro
HTC Eris
I'm 15.... My first three phones were all old phones from my parents. My father was big on my having a cell phone for emergencies. I really didn't start to text until the Razr. Plus, I only used a few mins a month. Of those minutes, most were free family calls or m2m. As you can see, the eris is quite a substantial upgrade from a StarTAC. :D

Upvote 0
Before the Eris I had the Nexus One...The N1 was returned after playing with it...Network Issues. I got the Eris to tide me over until N1 came to Verizon. Now I'm not sure I would get the N1.

"Officially" I came to the Eris off a Samsung Instinct, as I posted in the first post. But:

I had a very similar situation as you did.. N1 was available only on T-Mobile, and I had neglected to check coverage in my area before ordering; the result was a quick return and refund.

I would never have considered the Eris had I not ordered that N1 and returned it, so it was a bit of a blessing to go through all that angst with the N1.

Upvote 0
OMG, why did you have to post such a 'BIG' picture of the Instinct in an Android Forum! Now I'm having 'FLASHBACKS' and will probably have to take some drugs to get over the SHOCK of what I had to put up with before my Hero arrived to make me sane again and save the day.

Just a quick comment, I noticed my 'unlimited data' plan on Sprint is taking a lot bigger hit than it ever did when I used the Instinct. I mean, it didn't just double, it is like a 1000 times more data used on my plan with the Hero now.

Upvote 0
Just a quick comment, I noticed my 'unlimited data' plan on Sprint is taking a lot bigger hit than it ever did when I used the Instinct. I mean, it didn't just double, it is like a 1000 times more data used on my plan with the Hero now.

I've also noticed that Verizon comes up with about 3 times the call usage that I actually log on my phone, when I check it day to day.

The data usage is larger, too.

Clever folks, those Verizon techies behind the scenes.

Upvote 0
I have to say, of every phone I have ever had. I was the most satisfied with my Orange EnV. Maybe thats because I had never owned a smartphone before my eris. Not to say I don't love my eris, but I see what potential android has, and I know it could be better.

My Orange EnV was also my favorite phone I've ever owned, I still have it. I could never go back but I remember having it for almost 2 years great phone.

My last phone was an LG Dare and I still have my BB Curve 8330 for work thinking of upgrading that to a Palm Pre I can't stand my BB

Other notable phones I had were Motorola StarTac (on AirTouch lol) , VX9800, Razr, I can't remmebr the model but the first color Blackberry, and probably about another 20 phones I can't remmeber the models or makes on

Upvote 0
Motorola Razr (Verizon) for probably 2.5 years - before that some basic flip phone (I forget what it was) on Sprint. Verizon beats Sprint hands down, and I love my Eris. :)

Oh, I did have a Blackberry for a couple of years five years ago or some such - it belonged to work, had a black & white screen, only text browsing. All I did with it was email; never even learned the phone #! Gave it up when I went back to the faculty.

Upvote 0
BB Storm 9530
iPhone3g
Pantech PN-820 (Winblows)
UTStarcomm (HTC Apache) XV-6700 (Winblows)
Treo 755P (Palm)
Treo 680 (Palm)
Treo 750W (Winblows)
Treo 650 (Palm)
Treo 600 (Palm)
Kyocera 7135 (miss this phone was awesome!)
Samsung SPH-i500 (palm)
Kyocera 6035 (my first Smartphone, monochrome display and all)

Still have all of them except my Kyocera 7135. To think about all the money I've wasted on cell phones...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones