• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this happened when the URL changed

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ok just in case someone else had this happen to them. ever since the name change to the website url, i could not access the site. i thought the site was down due to the changes that has been going around. but nope. it had been flagged by my router as malicious. i had to turn off the advanced security from the router. as soon as i did that, i can now access the site.

this all happened since the change in url......curious as to why my router thought this site is malicious......anybody know? is there a way to fix it from happening again? i would like to turn that feature back on at some point.

Upvote 0
    ok just in case someone else had this happen to them. ever since the name change to the website url, i could not access the site. i thought the site was down due to the changes that has been going around. but nope. it had been flagged by my router as malicious. i had to turn off the advanced security from the router. as soon as i did that, i can now access the site.

this all happened since the change in url......curious as to why my router thought this site is malicious......anybody know? is there a way to fix it from happening again? i would like to turn that feature back on at some point.
    I had to put in a request with Xfinity for them to whitelist the site with their "Advanced Security ". It looks like it processed as I couldn't access the site on my home network for a few days.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Same thing just happened to me the past couple of days. My Xfinity router blocked the page. In order for me to continue getting in, I'm going to have to reapprove the site in my Xfinity app. This doesn't bode well for new people trying to find us. I hope the issue can be fixed.

Upvote 0
    Same thing just happened to me the past couple of days. My Xfinity router blocked the page. In order for me to continue getting in, I'm going to have to reapprove the site in my Xfinity app. This doesn't bode well for new people trying to find us. I hope the issue can be fixed.
    yep that is what we have been saying. it is also why it seems to be very slow here with new posts and threads. also @Rob has been m.i.a all thru the holidays.....which i get. hopefully he can pop back in here with some update on what is going on with this site.

Upvote 0
    Wow !

For the past 4/5 days I have gotten the error message the site is offline. I too am an Xfinity user.

Had some time to look into it this morning and first tried flushing the DNS - no joy

Second was to fire up the VPN and using Colorado here I am ...

note to self, be sure and use VPN for AF.com
    This isn't good. Think I'll log off for awhile until we get this figured out.

• Sad
    Upvote 0
    This isn't good. Think I'll log off for awhile until we get this figured out.
    no don't gooooooooooooo!!!

Get Out No GIF

Upvote 0
    My Xfinity router blocked the page. In order for me to continue getting in, I'm going to have to reapprove the site in my Xfinity app.

Yah Xfinity sux !

I do not have the app nor am I ever going to put it on my phone, "they" keep pushing me to do it but foog um !

It can not be done via your online account, I tried that yesterday, I may waste a phone call today and see what happens, got to do some things today to keep the water pipes from freezing tonite ...

Upvote 0
    Xfinity modem has no options for that ...

facepalm1
    In order to connect to EB via Comcast modem, I have to go into the xfinity app and shut down secure protection. When I look at the protection, it HAS been sparing me from bad actors, that I am unaware of. So, I'll turn it off and visit here. My concern is that we have stunted our growth by locking out new users.

Upvote 0
    I sent the following e-mail to Kaspersky support:

Any and all pages on the website "earlybird.club" (including the subdomain "forum.earlybird.club") are blocked by Kisperskey Safe Browsing for "phishing". I believe this is a false positive related to the site changing the domain name from "androidforums.com" to "forum.earlybird.club". This isn't just Kaspersky according to other users of the forum. See the linked thread (I've also included screenshots of the thread as attachments).

Here's the post from the site owner (forum username "Rob"):

"I think it *may* be the .club extension.

I still haven't fully "fixed" a lot of the logistical stuff that may indicate to Google the change is intentional vs. unintentional. Need to look at that more closely and get it all ironed out this week. Hopefully flipping some switches will do the trick but I think it could mostly be a trusted extension thing. We'll see but regardless, thanks for the heads up and please report back!"

This forum has been one of my regular haunts (my username is "Windroid"). Of course, it's possible that the site owner (username "Rob") intentionally made the site into a phishing site upon changing the domain name. It's possible that he unintentionally linked to phishing sites, and got his own site caught up in the blocking. It's possible, but I don't think so! It's probably what he said in his post: Something went wrong with the change in domain name, and now lots of security systems mistakenly this is one of those fake sites impersonating a legitimate site (or something).

Addendum:

As of 2024-01-26: Kaspersky believes that this is a false positive, and has removed this site from it's blocklist.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PitCarver
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones