• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Too late for MIUI Gingerbread?

Hey bro, I'm running MIUI as well I'll let you know what happens with that on mine after I install MiLocker... :p

We got it figured out. The recovery option can be selected from the lock screen. Settings/personal/toggle settings, then select the compact screen. You will now be able to hold down the power button and the screen will stay down. Just tap the reboot option and you will be given 3 options. One of those is recovery.

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
Gonna go ahead and post this B.

Fellas, try this link and see if it helps your 3g out any. It sets the proxies to 0.0.0.0 . This worked for me on CM7 and it seemed to make a difference with MIUI. Need a couple people to try it and see what kinda results you get. Thx

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ript-rtsp-httpd-proxy-settings-faster-3g.html

I can't say I've gotten any luck with this I've got significantly worse down speeds and up is about the same if not a Tad bit lower
I'm not sure if this affects this but I'm using the 3g speed scripts along with v6

Upvote 0
I can't say I've gotten any luck with this I've got significantly worse down speeds and up is about the same if not a Tad bit lower
I'm not sure if this affects this but I'm using the 3g speed scripts along with v6

I have also tried the Proxy script and it doesn't seem to help any if anything it makes speeds shower. I haven't tried any 3G speed scripts yet. Did you happen to get faster speeds with it because without any scripts i'm getting 1.2mps I figured I'd ask before i tried them

And on another note Themes seem to work pretty well except for some lock screens. Had to reflash a few times cause i was locked out of my phone lol. We were giving a warning :p

Upvote 0
hey i have a question.... mms works? i couldnt sent a pic

mms works but not from the stock messaging app you must download a third party messaging app like instructed to do for 160+ word split messages to send them PERFECTLY also if you get an error that say mms not recieved when getting a mms message its because your wifi being on is messaging up the retrieval turn off wifi kill messaging app and retry it should work just fine

Upvote 0
This ROM is f* n sweet!!
Have had a few force closes but nothing major. Using kato's overclock for cm7 totally good there. Theme app has definitely worked for me. Dm7 script works for PRL. Come from ctmod so hooked up zeam launcher and swype beta. Force close on device settings in the original launcher so getting ready to try zeam.
Force close in miui gallery attempting to change lockscreen wallpaper

Upvote 0
mms works but not from the stock messaging app you must download a third party messaging app like instructed to do for 160+ word split messages to send them PERFECTLY also if you get an error that say mms not recieved when getting a mms message its because your wifi being on is messaging up the retrieval turn off wifi kill messaging app and retry it should work just fine

I already have "go sms app" but I'll try again to c if it works :help:

Upvote 0
If you guys wanna create your own ODIN Backup Image for MIUI, then you can do so by using this:

prevail_odin_packer_win3.0.zip

Special thanks to Koumajutsu for creating the package for us... :D

I use CWM backups because they are easier. If you can't access CWM then there's a pretty good chance you can't get in to download mode either. ( to use Odin)

Also, an Odin backup does not restore your files like CWM will.;)

Upvote 0
I understand that, but this could be useful to someone that is having problems flashing in CWM, that's all I'm saying, just wanted to contribute another option to get it done...

This is basically a barebones ODIN flash for ODIN, like Stock... Just for MIUI...

No doubt. Nice to have other avenues .:)

Like I said:p slow down bro, I agree with ya. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones