• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Too late for MIUI Gingerbread?

{Rom} Miui+CM7 beta 0.0.7 5-26-12

-Fully working themes(just don't apply HDPI lock screen)
-Extended Power Menu can be accessed from any screen now
-Various other tweaks and baked-in goody's

Big thanks to all the devs who made this port possible (Hroark, Kouma, Shabby, Invincible Madness, Sonudarock, and many others im sure im forgetting, they are the real hero's here, make sure you send them a thanks) and to the many testers and cool folk here who enjoy playing with these toys. Also wanna thank olicious for all the late night brainstorming and telling me about how good a phone the prevail is.

Instructions for Flash

Wipe everything except for sdcard at least twice (This includes format/system just to be clean)
Flash Rom
Reboot
Be Patient!
When prompted choose first option for default set up(ignore any android.phone FC)
When prompted choose Launcher (just in case you didn't know)
Let Phone sit for about 10min then Reboot!
Enjoy!

http://d-h.st/XRx

Just report any bugs in open forum but please read before posting to cut down on repeat post

Good job B-Love!!

Highest benchmark I have pulled with this phone to date.

Running Miui beta with Kato......here's the screenshot...did 3 pulls

shot_000015.png

Reactions: blovadova
Upvote 0
If your working on a MIUI port you should be posting in the All Things Root section of the prevail forum ;)

@blov, dl last night was corrupt (terrible service) re-dling now

Use this thread to post your changes and or updates to MIUI. It's the thread that everyone goes to for MIUI or CM9 updates.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/517545-cm9-miui-alphas-updated-03-20-a.html

That would be very confusing to people, Hroark's ROM is ics based, this one is gb based, two different beasts... It would be very hard to keep problems/solutions separate... I think a new thread (in the all things section) would be much less confusing

Upvote 0
That would be very confusing to people, Hroark's ROM is ics based, this one is gb based, two different beasts... It would be very hard to keep problems/solutions separate... I think a new thread (in the all things section) would be much less confusing

I agree. When Its formal release time there will be a new thread. Lot of credit to give and instructions to explain

Edit: On a side note wouldn't mind a couple more testers to beat it up a bit for me if anyone's interested. :)

Upvote 0
I agree. When Its formal release time there will be a new thread. Lot of credit to give and instructions to explain

Edit: On a side note wouldn't mind a couple more testers to beat it up a bit for me if anyone's interested. :)

I finally got it downloaded... Working until 3 (central) then a couple hour drive and I'm on it

Care to fill me/us in on known issues? Or are you trying to surprise me?
(might encourage the slightly less brave to dive in, if they knew what you expect...) Either way, I'll have a look tonight :)

Upvote 0
I finally got it downloaded... Working until 3 (central) then a couple hour drive and I'm on it

Care to fill me/us in on known issues? Or are you trying to surprise me?
(might encourage the slightly less brave to dive in, if they knew what you expect...) Either way, I'll have a look tonight :)

Thanks for peeping it. Seems a shame to not let others enjoy. Known bugs so far are:

Sms split bug(no sms split..duh..use handcent or go sms in meantime with split turned on)

force closes on various settings

themes work but have to go thru a couple extra steps

various sizing issues with widgets

several things I am unable to test as I don't have service on the phone and I know olicious is getting beat up by the questions ( Ive known this guy personally for many years and is a great friend! )

Also im no developer..just putting that out there..I am however a android enthusiast and enjoy giving back where i can. This is based off of Hroarks cm7 beta 5 ( thanks again man and all the other men who helped that man help this man) and a miui rom from my optimus that i have been following (thanks Invisible Madness). Anyway if anyone would like to play let me know.

Upvote 0
Thanks for peeping it. Seems a shame to not let others enjoy. Known bugs so far are:

Sms split bug(hit and miss)

force closes on various settings

themes work but have to go thru a couple extra steps

various sizing issues with widgets

several things I am unable to test as I don't have service on the phone and I know olicious is getting beat up by the questions ( Ive known this guy personally for many years and is a great friend! )

Also im no developer..just putting that out there..I am however a android enthusiast and enjoy giving back where i can. This is based off of Hroarks cm7 beta 5 ( thanks again man and all the other men who helped that man help this man) and a miui rom from my optimus that i have been following (thanks Invisible Madness). Anyway if anyone would like to play let me know.

did you guys use patchrom?

Upvote 0
Ok, got the ROM installed and it's NICE. So far everything is working great, no force closes or anything. Couldn't get Calengoo to install or FlashPlayer. Everything else installed without a hitch.

The ROM doesn't actually have an app drawer but I installed ADW Ex and it added one. I also installed the KatoKernel for CM7 with the data ext and it is working fine.

I'm just get myself familiar with the MIUI setup and how it works. Who in here knows a lot about this MIUI and all the things that can be done with it? I would like to add a theme and the tweak it some. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thx blovadova for making this available to us. Nice work.:thumb:

Upvote 0
I was gonna wait till I had a link posted for everyone before I started a thread here but its all good prev-aliens. Miui has no app drawer(iphoneish) but there's plenty of other options. I for one use the folder Widgets to consolidate down to one screen on all my miui devices. It is quite bright and vibrant but no special drivers guys. Thanks all for the kind words and the testing. Will get a formal thread up soon.

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
:cool: I have known B-love for many years, my man is THOROUGH....

:pcguru:!! He didn't wanna post in 'all things root' cause we are in testing phase and was just wanting some testers other than me...:ahhhhh: with which to cross reference the issues he and I have come across.
Not tryin to put out stuff to fast :vroam:

Thanks to those who have been testing...it is really smooth, and best of all a new port!!! :five:

B-Love..................:congrats:

Reactions: blovadova
Upvote 0

Ah thanks for pointing that out LordVincent. I was unaware of the ICS and GB diferrences between the roms. If that's the case then yes your right it would be better to have it in separate threads as it would cause confusion.

:cool: I have known B-love for many years, my man is THOROUGH....

:pcguru:!! He didn't wanna post in 'all things root' cause we are in testing phase and was just wanting some testers other than me...:ahhhhh: with which to cross reference the issues he and I have come across.
Not tryin to put out stuff to fast :vroam:

Thanks to those who have been testing...it is really smooth, and best of all a new port!!! :five:

B-Love..................:congrats:

I understand you guys were in the testing phase. In fact I applaud you both for helping out and contributing the community. Still these sort of development threads should be in the 'all things root' section of the forum even if it's in development. You'll find many roms and themes under development in this forum. The previous or 'regular' prevail forum is mostly for questions and help regarding the actual phone itself. Things like rom's and anything software/development related usually goes under the 'all things root' section.

On a side note: I don't think it's ever too late for anything :D You'll be surprised how many people would kiss feet for a working MIUI on GB for the Prevail.

Upvote 0
Just glad to be here at all. Was trying to show some respect for the real devs by staying outta the way while I grabbed a couple testers to pound the screen a bit. I guess I was thinking the All things root as more of a dev section ( I come from the land of xda). But like I said earlier no worries..on a more rom related note

For POWER MENU: [/B]Long press the power button on LOCK SCREEN, it will take you to the power menu(disabled if using milocker)

Themes:
Grab rootexplorer or any file explorer with root access. Go to Data/system. Create a folder 'theme' without quotes. its 'theme' not 'themes' and all in lowercase. Place the .mtz file here. Go to themes form desktop>customize> select only icons and deselect everything else> apply theme.
It might say 'converting theme to new format', let it do that. Lot of themes here http://www.miuithemes.com/

Lockscreen Themes: If you'd like to have themes for Lockscreen, check this thread out. Place it in the SDcard/MIUI/theme and apply from themes>customize>lockscreen and apply that theme. Some are shabby but most are pretty darn good. Or milocker.

DONOT select lockscreen when applying themes or your phone may be locked forever

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones