• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Too stupid to root?

I'm wondering if maybe I should root my phone, but it seems like a lot of technical stuff that maybe I'm not quite advanced enough to get.

Any helpful tips, guides, etc, for morons like me?

if you head over to xda forums there are really good and simple step by step instructions on how to run unrevoked for root and s-off. its straightforward enough to pick up on.

basically the question you have to ask yourself is "am i ok with the (incredibly small) possibility of bricking my phone" not everyone is. but once you take the leap its not very hard to get going and whenever you have problems between this forum and others you ll get the answers and help you need

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if maybe I should root my phone, but it seems like a lot of technical stuff that maybe I'm not quite advanced enough to get.

Any helpful tips, guides, etc, for morons like me?

There are TONS of great programs to help with rooting (unrevoked3 and unrevoked forever). but if you worry about it AT ALL, dont do it. I am in no way trying to tell you NOT to do it, but be safe about it.

Upvote 0
NO ONE is too stupid to root. With research you can do anything. Just make sure to do as much research as possible before jumping ship so you don't hurt your phone. It's very rare to brick but it CAN happen. Not too mention the people here are great and will help you out in a minute.

Upvote 0
Not to scare you off, but do make sure to read everything and dont skim to the point you miss a vital step. As long as you can follow instructions and not get ahead of yourself it is very easy. You will be swapping kernels and Roms on a daily basis before you know it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones