• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TV box in my car

Dear all I have an android tv box android 7 and I want to connect it to my OEM head unit via usb meanwhile tv box output is via HDMI. How can I solve this issue

Quite frankly I don't think you can. Android TV boxes are usually designed to just output their video via HDMI, although some do have composite video output as well via RCA plugs.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Meanwhile can I make a project on raspberry pi 4 to make a Multi Media Box to be connected via Carplay?

I done that a few years ago, using Raspberry Pi 3 running Kodi, which was connected to by TV via HDMI. What is the OEM head unit you've got? Is it actually video capable?

As for Carplay, isn't that an Apple proprietary thing, that's only for iPhones and iPads? The Android equivalent is Android Auto, that works with Android devices. I don't much about either of them, having never seen or used them.

Upvote 0
I done that a few years ago, using Raspberry Pi 3 running Kodi, which was connected to by TV via HDMI. What is the OEM head unit you've got? Is it actually video capable?

As for Carplay, isn't that an Apple proprietary thing, that's only for iPhones and iPads? The Android equivalent is Android Auto, that works with Android devices. I don't much about either of them, having never seen or used them.
My existing unit is Harman Car head unit capable to work with Android Auto and Apple Carplay OEM.
I want to program RPI 4 to connect it directly to the head unit and use it instead connected phone whether it is Android or IOS. I want to keep it fixed in my car connected via usb and I have on it all apps like google maps, youtube, vlc and many other apps and I want to add to it a GPS module.

Upvote 0
My existing unit is Harman Car head unit capable to work with Android Auto and Apple Carplay OEM.
I want to program RPI 4 to connect it directly to the head unit and use it instead connected phone whether it is Android or IOS. I want to keep it fixed in my car connected via usb and I have on it all apps like google maps, youtube, vlc and many other apps and I want to add to it a GPS module.
The Harman unit is not a video capable

Upvote 0
Here is attached some photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-004807.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-004807.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20200914_170346__01.jpg
    IMG_20200914_170346__01.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4791_d9c01896-8397-4dd1-9074-90f410fdc8eb_600x_crop_center__01__01.jpg
    IMG_4791_d9c01896-8397-4dd1-9074-90f410fdc8eb_600x_crop_center__01__01.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones