• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UK DHD won't upgrade software

Betyama

Jan 21, 2011
My UK bought DHD will not upgrade via the usual About phone>System software updates route, I just get the spinning logo for an unbelievable length of time and eventually my patience runs out or I need to do something before anything happens. It's meant to be unlocked to any network and I'm using the O2 sim which it was supplied with. Took it into the Carphone Whorehouse today and they said to try downloading from HTC.com while plugged into the USB cable but I can't see an option for that on the site? Failing that they said to send it away but that's $$ I don't need/want to spend and I'd lose app settings etc.

Any ideas how to fix it without doing an insurance job and getting a Sensation?;)

Software Info
baseband 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2
kernel 2.6.32.21-g3d0aaff
build 1.72.405.3 CL296490
bowser 3.1

Have you tried the reboot of turning it off, taking the battery out, re-inserting and turning on again and then trying? This can often sort out problems.

If that fails I seem to recall some posts about people having similar issues when Gingerbread first came out so if you do a forum search of 'gingerbread won't download' or similar you might find some posasible solutions.

Upvote 0
My hd desire also wont download or update via the OTA and htc have basically washed their hands of it. i have pulled the battery for an hour and restarted and also done a hard reset but nothing.

version 2.2
build 1.32.405.6 CL278359

Is there any way of downloading the official update and loading it on the phone and where would i find the downloads and tools for this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones