• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Un-Root Help!!!

Foxworth

Jan 11, 2011
Hey Guys,

I have a friend in the Vegas area that had his phone rooted & he is having major problems.

I tried talking him through the un-root process & had him try to follow the instructions listed here, with no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to try & help him?

Any advice, would be greatly apprecated as I have a big headache right now, UGGGHHH!!!

Hey Guys,

I have a friend in the Vegas area that had his phone rooted & he is having major problems.

I tried talking him through the un-root process & had him try to follow the instructions listed here, with no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to try & help him?

Any advice, would be greatly apprecated as I have a big headache right now, UGGGHHH!!!

ok we need some details to help out. what is the problem? where is he running issues when trying to unroot?

Reactions: Foxworth
Upvote 0
Ok, he is running the Mikg 2.59 rom & all I could get out of him is he has a hboot 6.16, which does not sound right at all.

His complaint was that the rom was to slow, he was trying to un-root from the XDA site & he said the files that he downloaded were not working on his phone.

I'm trying to get him to send the phone to me, so I can see what is going on. His phone is working so, at least he didn't brick it.

I tried going over to the Xda site and the PC36IMG file does not exist there, so I probably need to troubleshoot from that spot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones