• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstall apps: why?

-Ollie-

Jun 15, 2010
I see a few "uninstall apps" on the market and I am wondering why there are such applications.
Uninstalling an app from the phone is not that complicated and it is quite fast.
Maybe my question is silly but I am very new to Android. I know that Windows for example does not uninstall programs properly, and one needs often a third party program to really make a clean uninstall.
Is that the same with Android, or do these apps just make it faster to uninstall an app (with the same result that one will get with a "uninstall" process through the apps manager)?

Well, the market app does not order alphabetically, and has no option to order by size either - it is also limited to apps downloaded from the market rather than from third parties.

To be honest, I have found myself using the astro app manager since I already had astro installed and the above mentioned abilities come in handy at times.

Upvote 0
I use Titanium Backup to uninstall apps. Why? Because I first back them up, and their associated data. Should I choose to reinstall the app, I can just restore the data (settings, etc...) almost instantly.

As for other "uninstall apps" on the Market, they make uninstalling just a tad quicker/easier. I've experimented with a couple of them, but eventually have uninstalled them ... probably because I use TiBu to accomplish this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones