• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Unofficial Motorola Shadow Thread***

Thanks guys for washing out some of the salt from my burning wounds. I was fallowing the initial droid release when my i760 was destroyed a couple months before the blessed day. I had to settle for an omnia, which i thought i would get used to but only hate more and more every day. Our verizon plan is party tight and we get lots of perks like an annual upgrade and lots of discounts.

We are also direct buy members and get really good prices, like an incredible for under $150 on an upgrade or new contract. The direct buy offering lead us to believe that they can reset your contract and their employee confirmed this. 2 hours after the order was placed we were emailed with an order cancellation due to upgrade ineligibility.

It turns out I have to wait till August 11th for the 12 month upgrade. I was ready to cry because it's bad enough to hate your phone, but to have an incredible on it's way only to get it shot down like that is hellish. This few minutes spen reading here has made me feel infinitely better.

thanks guys

Upvote 0
2 Devices

Moto Shadow (now called Xtreme) passed FCC certification and currently being tested by Verizon. Should be out first. Very thin. No keyboard.

Moto Droid 2 passed FCC certification. Slider keyboard. Running about 2 weeks behind Shadow/Xtreme

Other than the keyboard, these devices VERY similar specs. Both should be out by the end of July.

Upvote 0
Yea I can see them both coming that soon too. But definitely the Shadow. Like someone mentioned, HTC make the Inc. These are Motorola phones. Its just competition as to why we are seeing these phones coming like this.

You know Verizon is loving it. But the delay with the Inc. might not make HTC too happy. They should want to have the Inc. in stock when any new phones by another company hit the shelves.

Upvote 0
do you guys realize that verizon devices are generally noted by AX55...the droid is A855 and the Droid 2 is the A955...att devices on the other hand are given an MBXXX name...the backflip is mb300...so since this device is given the model number MB810...im pretty sure it is safe to say that it is not a verizon phone and is prolly at&t...Respond to this...when has verizon released an android phone w/o having Droid in its name (*cough* droid incredible, htc droid eris, moto droid)? :D

Upvote 0
A pic, finally! It looks like the Shadow will have an updated version of BLUR and hard buttons on the front.

shadow1.jpg

Reactions: Trident and zanza
Upvote 0
do you guys realize that verizon devices are generally noted by AX55...the droid is A855 and the Droid 2 is the A955...att devices on the other hand are given an MBXXX name...the backflip is mb300...so since this device is given the model number MB810...im pretty sure it is safe to say that it is not a verizon phone and is prolly at&t...Respond to this...when has verizon released an android phone w/o having Droid in its name (*cough* droid incredible, htc droid eris, moto droid)? :D

i think all those models had the last minute change to droid

(uie: HTC INcredible -> HTC Droid Incredible last minute)

Upvote 0
OMG!! That looks good, but i want the HTC Incredible too, oh i need to make i choice, i am already eligible for an upgrade!! I could wait 2 months though, would this be out before August? Thanks

*** Can we make this a real thread, instead of it being in the "other" pile?
If I'm reading the rumor hints correctly, the Shadow will be out before Father's day and the Droid 2 will be out before the 4th of July.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones