• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update 1.28 now available

Not sure of UK but HTC HK said approx end of month

Historically, an extra 2 - 4 weeks is pretty typical. Remember that for the unbranded ones, HTC doesn't have to let the carriers test/play with the update; they can just push it out. And they usually do push it directly, in the order that the devices launched regionally (typically- this might also have to do with the various laws regarding using the spectrum to push the update as well- the first Over-the-Air "OTA" update on the G1 got delayed by a couple of weeks while Google/AOSP/T-mobile had to demonstrate to the FCC that it was not a violation of privacy to push data to each user's device, when each device is identifiable by a unique number. The FCC and its various counterparts are fine with them now, but probably still have to be notified that some portion of spectrum on Carriers X, Y, & Z's allotments will be used), which was first Europe, then Asia/Oceania by a couple of days, right? Plus I've noticed with Samsung Devices, the updates go to Asian unlocked phones about 1-2 weeks after Europe, I am guessing there are additional radio/network and language package tweaks that need made?
For Carrier-branded devices, the Carriers have a choice to either just send out what they receive from HTC (although this is very rare), or they can add their own proprietary code (radio/baseband coding and bloatware apps) and test it for a couple weeks (MUCH more typical)...

Upvote 0
My one x was fine before the upgrade, and now I'm having battery issues due to the cpu keeping awake, and when I checked cpu its running at 1000 all the time.
I haven't installed any new apps or anything so no idea what's going on now.

Edit: just done a restart and cpu back down to normal speed, will keep an eye on it.

Upvote 0
Can those that are on unbranded and upgraded comment about the signal strength…. has it improved?

I did have a Desire S on ThreeUK and where I have full signal with that, I only have 2 to 3 bars on the One x. Where I had 2 or 3 on the desire s, I have 1 or nothing on the One x. Been ThreeUK and having no GSM to fall back on, the difference is important.

Steve

Upvote 0
Okay thanks.

I upgraded from an iPhone so was used to as soon as the developer releases the update it was available to everybody straight away.

It's a pain :(

I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately, to make things worse, Orange are pretty bad with releasing updates so we could be waiting a while.

Upvote 0
It's a pain :(

I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately, to make things worse, Orange are pretty bad with releasing updates so we could be waiting a while.

I had that as a problem when i had my Desire till i rooted it, got rid of all the Orange bloatware then.
This time i made sure to go the unbranded way to avoid all that.
My phone has been running for over 12 hours now & has only used 20% before the upgrade it would have been flat by now, so i have seen a vast improvement.

Upvote 0
I had that as a problem when i had my Desire till i rooted it, got rid of all the Orange bloatware then.
This time i made sure to go the unbranded way to avoid all that.
My phone has been running for over 12 hours now & has only used 20% before the upgrade it would have been flat by now, so i have seen a vast improvement.

My battery was fine before the update but today it gave out at 15.00. I have tried to check what has been using the power and it says mediaserver. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones