• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update 1.28 now available

That's pretty quick, the networks normally take an age.

We can only hope HTC has listened to its consumers and streamlined their internal dev process to allow faster response time. 1.28 was probably in the works before the phone launched, but the turn around for 1.29 (presumably addressing unresolved issues in 1.28 - ahem- wifi?) is impressive... Let us hope they can maintain this level of customer support and service...

Upvote 0
Just got 1.28.771.9 on Three UK - kinda funny 1.29 came out :0

I am in the same situation, One X, with 3 branding and just received 1.28.771.9 via Ota update.

Initially noticed strange effect of multiple cores running at high clock rate (above 1.4Ghz) leading to very high CPU and battery temperature .

Not sure what happened, but seems to have gone away

Upvote 0
currently applying the update to my 3 branded One X as well.

Wasn't as big a wait as i though it would be, though i guess as the 3 version has very little over the unbranded versions it makes sense.

as far as im aware all the 3 branded ones have is a 3 store app and a 3 branded bootup screen. If im wrong here someone please correct me.

Upvote 0
currently applying the update to my 3 branded One X as well.

Wasn't as big a wait as i though it would be, though i guess as the 3 version has very little over the unbranded versions it makes sense.

as far as im aware all the 3 branded ones have is a 3 store app and a 3 branded bootup screen. If im wrong here someone please correct me.

If you look in the app list (settings) you might be a little surprised as to what 3 have loaded on the phone. I am a but pissed with the amount of crap on the phone.

Upvote 0
Orange are still denying the existence of both 1.28 and now 1.29...

Orange sounds like AT&T here in the states... They literally must tell their CSR people nothing. I called about a data connectivity issue AFTER installing an update, and they had no idea an update even went out- they had to look it up (probably a google search that brought them here or to another forum/blog).

Upvote 0
Orange are still denying the existence of both 1.28 and now 1.29...

I asked Orange helpers on twitter yesterday if there is any update on when 1.28 will be available and got this response:

"Not at the moment Jordan keep an eye on our timeline and we will tweet when we hear anything. ^Steve"

Im fed up of waiting now. Am I right in saying that Vodafone, O2 and Three branded phones have the update now? And its just Orange and T-mobile that are yet to release it.

Upvote 0
I asked Orange helpers on twitter yesterday if there is any update on when 1.28 will be available and got this response:

"Not at the moment Jordan keep an eye on our timeline and we will tweet when we hear anything. ^Steve"

Im fed up of waiting now. Am I right in saying that Vodafone, O2 and Three branded phones have the update now? And its just Orange and T-mobile that are yet to release it.

I've Tweeted them (no reply today or yesterday) and today contacted them via Facebook...

So why are Orange denying it exists? Do HTC push updates to the networks or do the networks go to HTC for it? Why are Orange denying the updates even exist?

Upvote 0
I've Tweeted them (no reply today or yesterday) and today contacted them via Facebook...

So why are Orange denying it exists? Do HTC push updates to the networks or do the networks go to HTC for it? Why are Orange denying the updates even exist?

So they don't have to give release dates and build expectation etc.

In all fairness, having previously worked in the front line (not for Orange), tech support over the phone/chat or whatever generally don't get informed about the rollout until there's a definite release date.

My understanding of the process is: HTC release update -> discussions with networks about what they wanted tweaked/added -> HTC tweak -> Networks Test -> Say Yes -> HTC Rollout. I'd a chat with an Orange 3rd line engineer at roughly the time they rolled out GB to the DHD and he told me that was the process.

Upvote 0
So they don't have to give release dates and build expectation etc.

In all fairness, having previously worked in the front line (not for Orange), tech support over the phone/chat or whatever generally don't get informed about the rollout until there's a definite release date.

My understanding of the process is: HTC release update -> discussions with networks about what they wanted tweaked/added -> HTC tweak -> Networks Test -> Say Yes -> HTC Rollout. I'd a chat with an Orange 3rd line engineer at roughly the time they rolled out GB to the DHD and he told me that was the process.

true, but it still makes you think how guys like voda and 3 can get theirs out before Orange?

Upvote 0
I've installed the update and my battery usage shows that I've been unplugged for 27 hours now and still have 45% remaining.

Granted, I haven't been using it much and I don't know if the update has helped but I can't complain.

That's amazing, I'm running 1.28 and my battery lasts for around 19-22 hours with auto sync OFF. Is my phone a bit off? I use the browser loads though, the screen brightness is on auto however. When I check the battery usage, the screen uses the most juice :dong:

Upvote 0
just used the basic so called 'battery' update on my unlocked intl version ONE X...after doing so i was asked if i wanted to put in another update, probably because i'd just connected with htc...had to reboot the phone to take the update...WELL>>>

has made my tmobile internet as quick as when i'm on wifi, prior my tmobile account's internet was slower as it's on edge...i'm extremely happy with this...while i'm sure internet would be faster if i had a tmobile branded phone, i'm very happy it has speeded up...the ONE X is so superiour to any phone tmobile offers, including the ONE S, it's worth everything, including price...and almost the hassle of finding a sim card that works in it (you can only use an older micro sim, or older cut sim from tmobile, with 50.01 four number code on front of card next to the pink T...NOT the 50.05 code

Reactions: dannybedford
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones