• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UPDATE [ROM] Hybrid v2 ( WOrking flash )

yaar wo check wagera karne ke bat nahi hai,even there were days when it started even at one go ,and i always keep my wifi/3g off while playing any game(obviously except online),and its not because of that i even devised a method(in local language "jugad")that after freeing some memory when the cpu usage was at lowest then immediately i used to start the game and that always do the trick

Upvote 0
I flashed the rom previous night, installed ES file explorer and Root explorer.deleted some bloatware(newshut etc.)
Then was trying to move dalvik cache to sdext and figured it out by doing "a2sd cachesd" command @ root terminal in emulator.Phone rebooted,take a while coz moving of dalvik to sdext,done nicely,freed up about 25-30 mb on internal memory
But my Root Explorer was missing,I opened Manage Applications and it was there but data only (24.00kb) so thought to uninstall.
Then I tried to reinstall the app & every time it says "Not enough space"
But I can see 800mb free on sdext and I installed other apps,they are going nicely to sdext and their dalvik too.Although Root Explorer is installing on sd card(not sdext) by using "adb install -s RootExplorer.apk" but not on sdext,even move to phone is not posssible,same "Not enough space" problem.
Any idea anyone???

EDIT:
I have found a corrupted rootexplore.apk file on my sdext partition which is interfering with its fresh install. it get displayed in File Expert only n also by adb shell but I am not able to delete that file anyways.I mounted sd card on linux but it's not displayed there too.
Please help me guys to delete this file.

And one more thing, I went back to stock then hybrid 1,used it for a day and got again back to stock n then to Hybrid 2. I had no problem in hybrid 1 but the problem reappeared in hybrid 2.

EDIT:
As usual I have figured it out.That was filesystem error,may be a bad sector.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

its really weird happening with my device. I switched to HYBRID 2 today.
And i am facing same problem which i had before n its UN-resolved till now.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/sentacy/screen_20111121_1836-1.jpg

This is an image taken of preview screen of camera. It shows boxes like this but images and videos get captured properly.i am getting same thing in the video screen also. This happened when i switched to custom ROM's. If i switch back to STOCK ROM then i don't face this issue.. Samrox144 had told me that my phone codecs are corrupted..
Guys plz plz help me into this. Because of this i don't get to use custom
ROM's .. .. .. .. ..

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

its really weird happening with my device. I switched to HYBRID 2 today.
And i am facing same problem which i had before n its UN-resolved till now.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/sentacy/screen_20111121_1836-1.jpg

This is an image taken of preview screen of camera. It shows boxes like this but images and videos get captured properly.i am getting same thing in the video screen also. This happened when i switched to custom ROM's. If i switch back to STOCK ROM then i don't face this issue.. Samrox144 had told me that my phone codecs are corrupted..
Guys plz plz help me into this. Because of this i don't get to use custom
ROM's .. .. .. .. ..

Same wid me also on hybrid 2.
Help us pls

Upvote 0
ok so i install link2sd and move all my apps to the SD and then move them back to the internal HDD after flashing?

I dont have an inkling about a nandroid backup and am pretty sure its gonna be a pita to do that.

AFAIK you will not see any of your apps on sd card after factory reset and flashing.
using link2sd as backup source is useless rather you should go for titanium as you think using cwm as messy but I recommend cwm way as it is much fast and easier.

Upvote 0
If you mean nandroid backup using CWM, i am more than comfortable using it.

If you can tell me the steps required, am pretty sure i could accomplish it.

Thanks.

Factory reset first and install any ROM you like then mount script of sd partition as ext2 or 3 which is comfortable for you using link2sd.then go to cwm and select backup and restore and in that select advanced restore now you will be directed to your nandroid backup.
From the list restore sd ext, data, .Android_secure and then reboot.
You are done now all your apps which were there when you made nandroid backup all will be restored to ur new ROM.

Upvote 0
Factory reset first and install any ROM you like then mount script of sd partition as ext2 or 3 which is comfortable for you using link2sd.then go to cwm and select backup and restore and in that select advanced restore now you will be directed to your nandroid backup.
From the list restore sd ext, data, .Android_secure and then reboot.
You are done now all your apps which were there when you made nandroid backup all will be restored to ur new ROM.

Do as Varun stated.. This is what called ADVANCED RESTORE...
Don't restore your full backup.. Just restore SD-EXT and DATA.
After reboot you will get all your installed apps.. .. .. .. .. :) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones