• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update to Bloo Facebook app...Works GREAT!

I am really liking this app so far. I am using the Beta version and tried uploading some video with it. It showed the video all uploaded but then an error popped up. Also is there a way to view videos that have been uploaded to facebook? I was looking for this. When I just log into facebook using the browser I get some error when I try to view the videos.

Upvote 0
Can you set the LED / ringtone / vibrate for those notifications? If not, then they are pretty meaning less - I am rarely gonna have my phone sitting on my desk doing nothing with FB loaded in the browser lol....

I was just saying use the FB application for it's notifications and when you realize you have something going on, than just open it with your bookmark, or just use the regular FB app and scroll to the bottom and choose touch site.

How did Bloo turn out for you, I'm so enthralled downloading music on i Music I can't be bothered to try it atm :p.

Upvote 0
Lmfao - the third time was the charm, apparently. However, when I tried to view my pics, it presented me with a FC dialog, but upon clicking OK it kept right on showing my pics. When I got to Events, I get a blank screen. After attempting to update my status, I was asked yet again to allow it access...

This is way to damn much for me to be doing....I think I'll stick to touch....

Upvote 0
TBH, I uninstalled Bloo - I was having too many issues connecting whereas the native app *and* the touch. website were working just fine.

I'll live without FB notification for now.

I did the same thing. Installed Bloo, uninstalled it and went back to the native. I'll try it again because I like the notifications (although some I get in email anyway) but I would like a solid solution.

Upvote 0
Since the last few updates I have been having some issues with Bloo...the Feed doesn't always show the most updated posts, I haven't received ANY notifications even though I have it set to on and I can't see any posts from my groups or Fan pages (there are some I like reading). On a positive note...the video upload works GREAT! Very easy to use.

My wish list: I would like to see Bloo be a bit faster. It can lag at times with updates. Reading Fan/Group posts, view/post notes...

I really think this program will be the go to Facebook program very soon...as with many Droid things...it will take some time to work any bugs out as more people find uses for their Android system!

Upvote 0
OK...I think I will be trying the touch.facebook.com trick with the shortcut. Bloo has been refreshing VERY VERY slow and photos take forever to load. I like the video upload function. But I can't see my Fan/Group pages and I have to keep refreshing to get it to update to the newest posts...

Sorry, I really wanted this app to work (heck I started this thread!)...but I keep going back the the stock FB app (which I don't like)...so I'll try the shortcut!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones