• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/news

Get on with what matters, US release date and carriers! All that matters now, other than that a waste of time and hot air.

Yup.

This looks better than the One-X, but I dont know if it's better enough to wait for. Course that all depends how long of a wait, which we dont even know yet.

I'm pleased with the screen size, they didn't pull a Galaxy Nexus, big diagonal number but small actual screen (nexus screen is smaller than a skyrocket side by side), on us. So that's good. Pentile is bad, but no big.

Probably the biggest thing I'm worried about (if I choose One-X) is losing awesome samsung software like Kies Air for easy connecting to my PC over Wi Fi in a browser, and All Share though I've barely played with that. Does HTC have equivalent to such software?

Upvote 0
Yup.

Probably the biggest thing I'm worried about (if I choose One-X) is losing awesome samsung software like Kies Air for easy connecting to my PC over Wi Fi in a browser, and All Share though I've barely played with that. Does HTC have equivalent to such software?

There are several market solutions for this. I won't have the X in hand until next week but I am sure they have something along those lines

USA Version will be coming in the summer.

Came straight from the President of Samsung during his remarks.

Now the question is early or end of summer?

the reason they gave no date is because they do not have one...in time we will get an answer

Upvote 0

HTC Sync Manager

Not exactly the same. And I wasn't too fond of it's predecessor, HTC Sync. Don't know if it's comparable to Kies, as I've never used Kies, but looks similar.

Upvote 0
I think the S3 looks really awesome. I wish they'd gone 5.3" and tried to get that 1080p Display resolution... but that was wishful thinking.

Love the larger battery, hate the pentile display. Overall, I think it'll be a very nice phone but probably not my next device.

I'll keep waiting for that perfect phone to come along with the precise specifications in a display I'm looking for.

Hoping for a Galaxy Note 2 or something akin to an updated version of the European Galaxy Tab. The one that had full phone & text messaging functionality.

Congrats to all the Galaxy fans on their big unveil today! Ohh the excitement!

~ ArmyX

Reactions: mihqke and Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
I currently have the one X but I think I will be switching now after seeing the SIII.

SIII has bigger battery, removable battery, and SD card slot. Camera seems to be same now that Samsung has burst mode.

One X screen only thing it has going for itelf now.

Edit:

But now the Evo 4g LTE matches up pretty good with the SIII. ALsmost same specs in the EVO 4g LTE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones