1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

USB drivers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidxGuy, May 25, 2011.

1. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fpssiz

fpssiz Newbie

Dood thanks!

3. AndroidxGuy

4. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member

I guess that john isn't so bad after all...

5. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

Final ****ingly.

Now my question is, does it have the same functionality as the Galaxy S drivers installed previously?

For those who dont see it make sure you click the SOFTWARE tab

File name MetroPCS_SCH_R910_USB_Drivers_v1.3.650.0.exe

6. AndroidxGuy

What are the benefits of installing these drivers? Been wondering if they would allow me to tweak the phone a bit.

7. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

They allow you to use the android debugging bridge.

8. BlueMuscles

BlueMuscles Android Enthusiast

Hi Ciper

Can you exlain to me what is a debugging bridge and exactly what does it do and what are the benefits ?

Thnaks

9. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

Among other things it lets you push and pull files from the phone (including the installation of apk) and gives you shell access to the phone which is often easier than running terminal emulator directly on the phone screen.

BlueMuscles likes this.
  10. TOZZ

TOZZ Lurker

can someone please explain how to do this ? I like to transfer images and stuff from my phone to my PC and viceversa.
    Thanks.

11. astmd1655

astmd1655 Member

After reading a response to one of my posts I thought I would add CWM and load the Basix rom. Then I found out that my laptop doesn't see my phone anymore. It is seen in USBDeview but adb doesn't see it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, rebooting the phone and computer, tried different USB ports. I do have a data cable as the laptop does ack that there is a device unlike my other cable that is for charging only. With the new drivers installed in the device manager (Vista) it shows an error with USB mass storage.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

12. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Make sure USB debugging is turned on in the phone, under settings->Applications->Development.
    If that doesn't work, try removing the SD card before hooking it up to the PC.

astmd1655 likes this.
  13. astmd1655

astmd1655 Member

Well the ADB finally appeared in the Device Manager but that's as far as I got so I cheated and used a different computer. Time to do that Linux box I've been meaning to set up.

14. tiede

tiede Android Expert

You won't regret it! Linux FTW!
    Back in the day I would have said install Ubuntu, for it's ease of use and stability, but these days... I'm starting to think Canonical is getting a little too cocky.
    So Ubuntu still has top spot, but you may also want to try some other flavors to test things out...
    Or just go pure debian, and customize it to your liking (if you've got the guts and talent)
    Just make sure to stick with debian-based systems, for package management purposes. Trust me, you see an instruction somewhere that says "yum" to install something, run away! :) Stick with .deb files instead. They're waaay easier to work with, and apt does almost everything for you! :)

/off topic

15. astmd1655

astmd1655 Member

Got it to work. Had to take the memory card out and reboot the phone while its connected. And got tether to work (my old laptop doesn't have a wireless NIC so using my indulge's wifi, not the 4g). Couldn't install Ubuntu so went with Xubuntu and everything is working great.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews