• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Holiday

jmccarthy14

Nov 17, 2009
So I'm planning on getting a droid today on a 1yr plan from the Verizon store. I heard that if I buy from Verizon, I have until Jan 13th or 15th to return the phone due to holiday season. Is anyone 100% sure on this? I called sometime late november and the sales rep didn't know about it.

Confirmed, this has been on their website for a few days now and I also spoke with a Verizon CSR who confirmed it as well.

Not that I don't believe you, but you wouldn't happen to have a link to where on their site, would you? Or directions on where to find it? Just wanna be sure before I go in there. I mean I guess it won't change my decision to buy but it will be comforting.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have something I can point to when/if a rep says he's never heard of this?

I bought an Eris on November 23 and my rep insisted I only have until December 23 to return it. I didn't push it because I didn't have anything to point to other than message boards. So I'm still in limbo as to what I need to do. Yes, the website says nothing about a special holiday extension. Before I get to the 23rd, I'd also like something in writing that says I'm good until January 13.

Especially now with the new rumors about the passion coming in January.

Upvote 0
No concern, with wanting to see this in writing. There is certainly enough misinformation floating around the net.

Verizon, for whatever reason, makes this a bit hard to see. You actually need to go to their site, shop for a phone, add minutes, etc, and get to the last step before checkout. When you do, you see this text on the left side of the page:

Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 15 and December 14, 2009 may be returned or exchanged through January 13, 2010. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange policy continue to apply

Try it and let me know if you see anything different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones