• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

I would think a dirty wipe would be fine coming from b32

On aokp.co, romann said a wipe was highly recommended. I've gotten so fast at it, I think I will probably wipe between every AOKP flash :) Now if I were flashing cm9 to cm9 I would probably try to get away with a dirty flash, since it takes a lot more time to go through and re-do all the settings.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
On aokp.co, romann said a wipe was highly recommended. I've gotten so fast at it, I think I will probably wipe between every AOKP flash :) Now if I were flashing cm9 to cm9 I would probably try to get away with a dirty flash, since it takes a lot more time to go through and re-do all the settings.

I totally agree with the "why" behind the full wipe from build to build but I had just set up 32 so sweet and then 33 drops! Back in the day I would flash cyanogen without a system wipe, just cache and dalvik, so frequently that I got used to dealing with a bug here or there. I would go through 20 nightlies before a fresh install. And this my friends is why TiBu, NovaBu, LTBu, and nandroid is your friend and mine. Digging my high maintenance dirty flash. BTW, LeanKernel 3.2.2exp5 is amazing and my phone is cool to the touch. And AOKP 33 feels faster than 32...and that is after a Dirty Flash! Not that it always end up this way but I am having great results! YMMV.

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones