• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Yeah I flashed B34 ad the 422 Gapps, but the Gmail app wasn't included in the Gapps. I just downloaded it from the market.

Was Gmail not included for anyone else?

I haven't had any issues with b34 since last night.

Gmail is no longer in gapps (later versions) as it is available through Goog's Play

Reactions: ymDroid
Upvote 0
I just a few moments ago unrooted it thinking that the ics was out for my evo 4g (I've been out of the loop since I rooted it the first time). I just got the bug again to do it. I currently have 2.3.5 in an unrooted state.

This is the VZW Galaxy Nexus thread so I'm not familiar with the supersonic aka Evo 4G. Here is the AF forum link for the EVO. And on Rootzwiki here is the link to the supersonic. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Something peculiar.

When my phone rings, the circle to swipe left or right, to answer or not, is almost off the bottom of the screen. I can just barely see it and grab it - making it tricky sometimes.

I am on B34 with some inverted apps and LK. Nothing else has been changed, and nothing else seems weird.

Anyone else see this happening?

Upvote 0
Something peculiar.

When my phone rings, the circle to swipe left or right, to answer or not, is almost off the bottom of the screen. I can just barely see it and grab it - making it tricky sometimes.

I am on B34 with some inverted apps and LK. Nothing else has been changed, and nothing else seems weird.

Not happening here - B34 LeanKernel Inverted apps

Upvote 0
Something peculiar.

Same thing is happening here.

B34, complete wipe. Restored apps with the "update.zip" method in the AOKP faq. Loaded the inverted apps. LK 3.0.28 (hmm, should update to 3.3.0). DPI 241 if that makes a difference.

Only other mods are the volume fix for bluetooth, and a blacked out Swype keyboard.

Upvote 0
Something peculiar.

This has something to do with the phone.apk inside the invertedcontacts zip. Over in the rootz thread they posted a link to a fixed one. I can upload it to dropbox, too. Let me find the link for you guys.

Upvote 0
Same thing is happening here.

B34, complete wipe. Restored apps with the "update.zip" method in the AOKP faq. Loaded the inverted apps. LK 3.0.28 (hmm, should update to 3.3.0). DPI 241 if that makes a difference.

Only other mods are the volume fix for bluetooth, and a blacked out Swype keyboard.

Couldn't find the link in the rootz thread, so I just snagged the one from my phone that is working for me and threw it on my dropbox. Here you go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28717002/InvertedGContacts.zip

Reactions: Slubgob
Upvote 0
This has something to do with the phone.apk inside the invertedcontacts zip. Over in the rootz thread they posted a link to a fixed one. I can upload it to dropbox, too. Let me find the link for you guys.

I was going to say it has to be something in the inverted apps. 1st thing to look at guys when you have an issue is did you wipe and what mods did you install. Will solve a lot of issues if we cross our T's and dot our i's. ;)

Reactions: AndroiDad75
Upvote 0
I was going to say it has to be something in the inverted apps. 1st thing to look at guys when you have an issue is did you wipe and what mods did you install. Will solve a lot of issues if we cross our T's and dot our i's. ;)

Good point JBDAN, and that is why I threw that in there in the initial post. In the back of my mind, I was assuming it was probably something with the inverted apps, but wanted to spell that out early, so if someone knew right off the top of their head, they could speak up, just like you and JKC did. I appreciate it.

Do you know, can I just flash the newly posted contacts over top of what I have, or do I have to do a complete wipe and start back over?

Thanks everyone!!!!

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Good point JBDAN, and that is why I threw that in there in the initial post. In the back of my mind, I was assuming it was probably something with the inverted apps, but wanted to spell that out early, so if someone knew right off the top of their head, they could speak up, just like you and JKC did. I appreciate it.

Do you know, can I just flash the newly posted contacts over top of what I have, or do I have to do a complete wipe and start back over?

Thanks everyone!!!!

Yessir as Mr jkc pointed out go for it! :)

Reactions: AndroiDad75
Upvote 0
Would it be any benefit to download and install the franco kernel updater from the market to install m3 with this rom?

I don't use any apps with franco kernels that's why its my favorite. I just install it and run it and it simply rox!

A lot of folk love the app though so sure, grab it if you like it and install m3. :)

Upvote 0
Another inverted gapps issue maybe?

When I check my gmail, it downloads new messages fine. When I delete them from the phone, it looks like they go away. When I log on from my desktop, though, all the messages are still in the account, all showing as unread. I also can't seem to get a reply to go through.

Anyone else?

B34, complete wipe. Restored apps with the "update.zip" method in the AOKP faq. Loaded the inverted apps. LK 3.0.28

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones