1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Rooted Nexus vs Rooted Rezound?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by esmith818, Dec 29, 2011.

1. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

With the recent news about official support for an unlocked bootloader on the Rezound, does anyone plan to jump over/back to the Rezound in favor of the supposed better battery life, better radios and better camera? Or does the Nexus love run deep with ICS, huge developer support, and Google updates?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I expect dev support to be better with the nexus. Using the HTCdev site to unlock the rezound tells HTC you are voiding the warranty which I suspect will be communicated to Verizon. This would make any warranty issue an insurance issue even if it is something unrelated to rooting like hardware defects.

Steven58 and jbdan like this.
  3. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Me personally, I've never been interested in the Rezound. I know a lot of people say they wanted the GN for ICS, but I've always, since first seeing and holding the GN, known it was the phone for me. I simply love it's style, ICS and the Googs updates are just gravy :D I have excellent battery life, reception, and camera usability.

4. Google updates hands down are the reason I will stick with the nexus. Even if you root and rom unless htc releases the full source code, the devs will have to piece various parts together to get a working rom. That is not the case with the nexus.

jbdan likes this.
  5. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Android Enthusiast

Signal issues would be my only reason for switching tobthe Rezound which is now much more tempting with an unlockable bootloader. I just really love everythong else about the GNex and ICS so I'm torn at the moment.

esmith818 likes this.
  6. Steven58

My signal went from 96 to 83 on the new leaked radio. I have the link to the flashable radio in the root guide. Makes a big difference, IMO.

jbdan likes this.
  7. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

I saw your link in the other thread. By "new leaked radio" do you mean the one for 4.0.3? Is this the same one that was leaked last week (which has its own thread on AF somewhere)? I tried flashing a leaked radio last week and had no discernible difference then flashed back to the 4.0.2 radio.

Other than radio signal, my only worry is with the bug I had on Nexus #1 where the mic would cut out on long calls. I haven;t had the opportunity to test the mic on Nexus #2 yet. A nice camera also sounds nice, but that alone would not be enough for me to leave this phone behind...

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

I also flashed the new radio and saw a huge increase in Signal and with the original one I dropped a couple calls with the new radio no dropped calls

I have thought about going back to the rezound mainly for the better camera but I got a new Nexus and the camera on this one works very well , I think my first Nexus was a lemon

9. kklier

kklier Member

I've seen very increase with the newer radio.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews