• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Rooted Nexus vs Rooted Rezound?

esmith818

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
NC
With the recent news about official support for an unlocked bootloader on the Rezound, does anyone plan to jump over/back to the Rezound in favor of the supposed better battery life, better radios and better camera? Or does the Nexus love run deep with ICS, huge developer support, and Google updates?

Me personally, I've never been interested in the Rezound. I know a lot of people say they wanted the GN for ICS, but I've always, since first seeing and holding the GN, known it was the phone for me. I simply love it's style, ICS and the Googs updates are just gravy :D I have excellent battery life, reception, and camera usability.

Upvote 0
My signal went from 96 to 83 on the new leaked radio. I have the link to the flashable radio in the root guide. Makes a big difference, IMO.
I saw your link in the other thread. By "new leaked radio" do you mean the one for 4.0.3? Is this the same one that was leaked last week (which has its own thread on AF somewhere)? I tried flashing a leaked radio last week and had no discernible difference then flashed back to the 4.0.2 radio.

Other than radio signal, my only worry is with the bug I had on Nexus #1 where the mic would cut out on long calls. I haven;t had the opportunity to test the mic on Nexus #2 yet. A nice camera also sounds nice, but that alone would not be enough for me to leave this phone behind...

Upvote 0
I also flashed the new radio and saw a huge increase in Signal and with the original one I dropped a couple calls with the new radio no dropped calls

I have thought about going back to the rezound mainly for the better camera but I got a new Nexus and the camera on this one works very well , I think my first Nexus was a lemon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones